Forward

The light coming through the window danced across Alexander's chest and face

The light coming through the window danced across Alexander's chest and face. The face I've come to love. The best and worst drug to be addicted to. His soft snores interrupted my thoughts. I rolled over grabbing my phone off the nightstand to check the time. The clock read 9:43 a.m. my heart stopped.

I immediately jumped out of the bed and ran towards the nurseries. How could I have overslept? I was about to have a full blown panic attack. Alex's mom looked at me crazy as I burst through the boys room door. The triplets were sitting in their rockers getting their first Italian lessons.

My body relaxed looking at the interaction between them and Alex's sweet mom, Giada.

"Mia what's wrong?" I could hear Alex's footsteps getting closer.

"Nothing, I panicked thinking I missed Nico's night wailing, but your mom is up with them. She is teaching them Italian."

"I guess we can relax a bit today." Alex knew my body needed a break. Khiree, Matteo and Nico have been my main priority for five months. At times, I've neglected myself to take care of them. I know first hand what it was like not having a family you can't depend on. I want to be everything for my children.

Alexander shirtless in the morning is so glorious.

"Let me make you breakfast." I hate breakfast foods but Alexander always gets me right so I obliged. "Do you want pasta or a Cobb salad?

"Awwww, you love me?"

"Well, there is no point in letting you put my hard made waffles, eggs and bacon in the refrigerator to eat later." We both chuckled. He was right, eventually the trash would enjoy his perfect breakfast spread.

We ate our food and came up with a great agenda so Alexander's mom would have a wonderful visit. 

"Il figlio si è messo una maglietta." Ms. Giada said, coming around the corner with Nico and Khiree in hand. Jackson followed behind her with Matteo. (Put a shirt on son.)"

"Si, mamma." I guess every mom was convinced walking around without a shirt automatically gives you pneumonia. I laughed as Alex walked up the stairs. He shot me a glare causing me to choke on my water.

I noticed how close Jackson and Ms. Giada were. My mind immediately started to wonder. Let me keep those thoughts to myself. Alex would go on a rampage.

"Ms. Giada, we wanted to take you sightseeing. Would you prefer the Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty or somewhere else?" I wanted her to have experiences outside of the kids.

"Broadway. Adoro I musical." I put that at the top of the list. (I love musicals.)

Alex walked down stairs fully dressed. His sculpted v-cut hidden by a crisp white button up shirt. He is never the one to gloat but he has to know he's fine as hell. I heard Ms. Giada speak but I was too busy eyeing her son to make out what she said.