Epilogue

4 YEARS LATER 

"Your mom will be here in ten minutes

"Your mom will be here in ten minutes." The triplets were dressed and ready. Kali, on the other hand, would not listen. Mia says she gets it from me, but I doubt that. I don't need Mia upset with me because her daughter is unruly. The front door opened.

Damn it.

"Alexander, why isn't she dressed? Their Christmas play starts in thirty minutes." 

Matteo and Nico are wise men and Khiree is an angel in their school's Christmas Extravaganza. I don't understand how watching five-year olds and eating cookies is extravagant, but I'm sure my kids will be perfect so I'm going.

"She keeps running away." I explained. This girl is hell on two legs. That perfect little smile and curls give way to a tornado.

"Kali Grace Marino, get over here right now." She walked to Mia and got dressed. Mia looked at me as she held Kali's hand leading her out of the front door.

There's no fucking way.

"Let's go guys." Khiree wrangled her brothers out of the door. "Come on dad." I followed behind my daughter. She is so independent. Nico always complains that she thinks she's their mom.

As expected my children were the best on stage. I hate to admit the decorations were somewhat extravagant. I pay over $30,000 a month to send the kids here so they better be.

Matteo walked towards us followed by Nico and Khi.

"That was amazing. I'm so proud of my handsome boys and beautiful daughter." Mia gushed over them making Matteo giggle. He loves his mom for sure.

"Daddy, did you like it?" Nico questioned.

"Like it? I loved it. You were a perfect wise man. How you kept your look serious when you pointed at the star was phenomenal." He jumped up into my arms.

"Thank you, Matteo was kinda good too." Matteo scrunched his face.

"Both of you were perfect." Mia interrupted before Matteo could respond.

"Make sure you send the video to nonna." Khiree talks to my mom at least four times a week. I mean full blown conversations.

Mildred had dinner ready when we arrived home. All we had to do was give the kids a bath, brush their teeth, read a book then off to bed they go. Mia's fabulous four B's. The triplets were self-sufficient. They could already read, but still preferred us to do it. Once they were all tucked in, I walked down to my office to finish the budget for a new project.

A shadow stood in the door. "What time are you coming to bed?" Mia asked.

"I'm almost done. How is everything at La Trattoria?" Mia manages one of my restaurants. She wanted to do something that didn't involve the kids and I agreed. She needs time for herself.