Shots fired

I felt uneasy as Mia and I walked out of the house

I felt uneasy as Mia and I walked out of the house. Everything in me said go back inside. The problem with thinking you're invincible is you start to believe it.

*****Flashback 2 weeks ago*****

"Mia, how long does it take to get dressed? We are going to a private beach and country club. I promise you there is nothing important about this place or these people." I huffed. She's the only person that would take thirty minutes to put on a swimsuit.

"Okay, I'm ready to go." She smiled as she walked down the staircase. "I'm excited to get out of the house and get some fresh air." 

Her purple bikini draped down her beautiful brown skin. It almost made waiting thirty minutes acceptable. 

"You live on an estate, there are trees and hella air here." I shook my head from side to side. She sounds very ungrateful to me, but I didn't want to start an argument so I kept my thoughts to myself. I opened the car door for Mia, helped her into the car then walked around to the driver's side. The drive started off very quiet. 

"I have two guards following us in a black Tahoe. There's a lot going on right now. I'm trying to make you happy while being as safe as possible." Once the words left my mouth, I heard shooting and smelt gunfire.

"Fuck," I whispered under my breath as I saw two black mustangs firing bullets at my security that made the SUV they were driving swerve and hit a car before running into the side of a building. My car went from 50 to 120 mph. There is a long stretch of highway before the country club entrance.

I grabbed my phone, "Luca, someone is shooting at my car. They injured or killed my security. I'm on my way to Winsor's Country Club. Have 10 shooters waiting for me there. One of the license plate numbers is RZP 4510. Run that shit and get back to me," with that I hung up the phone.

All I had to do was drive and I was speeding like a bat out of hell. I reached under my seat grabbing my AK47 ready for whatever and whoever. Then picked up a flash bang grenade and threw it out of my window.

It hadn't registered that Mia was still in the car until I looked over and she had her eyes shut so tight. My body tensed at the thought of anything happening to her. 

I breathed a sigh of relief when we reached the country club. My men immediately started shooting. The tires of both cars popped making them swerve into a ditch. I walked towards the cars. Then shot four men without a second thought.

"Talk," I growled to the last motherfucker in the car. "Who the fuck sent you? I'll give you ten seconds to reply and I'll just shoot you. Any longer than ten seconds and I'll light this bitch on fire and you'll die screaming from your skin melting off."

"Enzo, sent me. He said you killed his brother." the man started closing his eyes waiting to be shot. "Burn it," I said to one of my men slowly turning around and walking away. 

Enzo was Emilio's brother and now a problem. He'll be dead in two hours. I called Luca letting him know to snap Enzo's neck at first sight. Then I strolled to my car.

"Are you ready to go swimming?" I asked as Mia attempted to catch her breath.

"Take me home now." she yelled. 

*********** End Flashback**********

Today is my first ultrasound. Of course, Alexander hired a private physician to track my pregnancy. It's better than getting shot while walking out of the doctor's office. I never understood why Alexander is so protective of me, but now I get it. He is surrounded by lunatics. He's probably one too.

The doctor walked into the house setting up her ultrasound machine.  My vitals were perfect and she was pretty nice. I called for Alex to come up from his study downstairs. He walked into the room five minutes later.

"It's that time," I said in a shaky voice. I have been so nervous about the first ultrasound and making sure the baby is okay. The doctor placed cold gel on my stomach and Alexander started to rub my arm. He could tell I was uneasy.

"Alright, the little flicker there is your baby's heartbeat and that's the gestational sac." Suddenly she stopped talking then pressed down on my stomach a little harder. I could feel the tears starting to soak my cheeks.

"Is something wrong?" Alexander asked the question that I couldn't.

"No, I think I see three babies. I just want to make sure." The doctor stated in a monotone voice. "Yup, there's three in there."

"Three!" I basically screamed out. I looked at Alex and his face was stuck. He wasn't blinking. I wasn't sure if he was breathing or not. "What the hell are we going to do with three babies?"

"Sell two, keep one." Alexander said in a calm voice.