Over

"You know I would never hurt her Jackson

"You know I would never hurt her Jackson." He's known me my whole fucking life. Does he really think I'd raise my hand to Mia? I could never and she's pregnant.

"Well, she's going to your house in Albany. Her bodyguards are with her, she'll be fine. You're spiraling Alexander. You need to get it together."

If it was anyone else I'd shoot them in the head, but Jacks has always put me on the right path. "Why would you send her upstate with all this bullshit going on? Call her driver and tell him to bring her back here. I can stay at my apartment in Manhattan."

"Yes, sir." With that said Jackson left the room.

I can't believe I'm about to leave my house because I hurt her feelings, she wants honesty. When I speak truthfully she gets pissed off. This shit is for the birds. 

I waited for Marco to bring Mia back to the house before I left. She stood by her car as I walked out of the door. Without a second thought, my hands went to her belly. I didn't realize it until a heavy sigh left her mouth. I spent the majority of my free time feeling the triplets move. 

"I'm sorry Mia." She turned her head ignoring my words. 

I'm about to fix this shit. I drove to the hospital then  walked past the receptionist to Kami's room.

"Alexander, you're back." she said, reaching out for me.

"Don't sound so excited. Mia left me because she thinks we are together. I told her that the baby might be mine, but I really don't believe that. I always wore a condom with you because you're a mafia whore. This isn't adding up."

Kami started to shift back and forth in the bed. 

"I'm gonna give you one chance to tell the truth. Is the baby mine or not? If you say yes now, but the DNA comes back negative. Your baby will grow up an orphan. I want you to think long and hard before you speak."

The room was silent for five minutes. "It's not your baby. It's Emilio's baby, but you killed him. Now you're playing house with some black slut that can't fuck."

My hands wrapped around Kami's throat. I felt my muscles tightening, I wanted to choke the life out of her. "Watch your mouth." I said as I let go. 

____________________

Now back to business. I had a meeting scheduled with Lorenzo, another mafia boss at Ace's. Music masks gunshots perfectly. Apparently some of his men were killed too. We decided to join together to kill off the Sicilian mafia leader, Giuseppe. Luca doesn't trust Lorenzo at all. Truthfully, neither do I. After Giuseppe is chopped up into 12 pieces, Lorenzo is next.

Once Lorenzo and his goons left my office. I called Jackson to check on Mia.

"She's been eating and crying Mr. Marino. Ms. Mildred made her a plate of sugar cookies and watched a movie with her." I zoned out as Jackson kept talking. It's like someone stabbed me in the heart. I didn't realize how much I cared for her until now. She's all that's on my mind. I shouldn't have to call Jackson to keep tabs on Mia.

"I'm coming home, Jackson. I'll talk to her myself." I hung up the phone. I can't let her think I don't care about her or her feelings.

"Boss where ya heading?" Luca asked as I walked past him to pick up my car keys.

"Home."

"Oh, you're about to beg Mia to take you back..." he stopped when he realized I was 10 seconds away from beating his ass.

"Do you like your life? If so, I'd advise you to shut up and mind your fucking business." He raised his hands in the air and quickly turned around. 

I let out a deep breath walking into my house. I'm walking on eggshells in my own house. "Where is she?" I asked Mildred. She pointed upstairs to our bedroom.

I quietly opened the door to see her hugging a pillow asleep. She has the sweetest face. Her belly poked out from under her tank top. I sat down by her feet and put the comforter over her body. She let out a gentle hum then opened her eyes and looked at me.

"Mia, talk to me, please. I'm sorry. No one means more to me than you. I'll do whatever I have to do to fix the situation." She just stared at me. "Kami's baby isn't mine. It's Emilio's, but we can talk about that later."

"There's nothing you can do. You're  selfish. I can't deal with that or you, Alexander. I know you care about the babies, but it doesn't seem like you care about me. I don't want to..."

"It's not the babies Mia. It's you. I care about you. I love our children dearly, but I love their mother more than that." She looked at me through glossy eyes." You're all I need." I leaned down to kiss her forehead. 

I have a lot of ass kissing to do might as well start tonight.