chapter 1

Peyton
Another page, the fourth one and I'm only 3 hours into a 24 hour shift. Saturdays as an emergency room doctor are always rough, especially during the summer.

I make my way to the ambulance bay to wait on the incoming patient that was involved in an accident. I grab gloves on my way out of sliding doors.

The ambulance pulls in as I'm securing the last glove. The driver jumps out and opens the back doors to the ambulance.  A man jumps out of the back he's tall muscular with tattoos covering every inch of exposed skin from his neck down, he's tall at least 6'3, with dark hair, and green eyes that feel like they are penitrating my soul when they lock with mine.

"31 year old male, motorcycle accident. Stable vitals, in and out of consciousness." The EMT tells me and my team as the pull the Gurnee out of the ambulance.

As I look down at the man my brow furrow "Parker?"

"Pey?" He looks as shocked as I feel. I haven't seen my brother in 16 years, when I got pregnant with my son our parent kicked me out and disowned me. I wasn't aloud contact with my brother. "Am I dead?"

"No, you're not," I tell him "get him to trauma 2"  I tell the nurses and everyone moves. The man who rode with my brother us following. I point to the right "waiting room is through there"

"How do you know parker?" He eyes me suspiciously "I don't want one of his old hookups working on him, and fucking him up on purpose. Im sure he didnt mean to break your heart darlin'"

I raise my eye brow at him "first of all not your darlin',  second of all excuse me while I go see what's going on with my brother."

He scoffs "knight doesn't have a sister. I have known him over ten years and he's never said anything about a sister"

"Hate to burst your bubble, but Parker is my brother. Now move."

I step around him and get to the trama suit.

"Hey little brother. Can you tell me where you have pain?"

"Everywhere."

"Let's get a portable x-ray machine, and an ultrasound machine. Let mri know we will be there soon keep it open" I order the nurses.

After 2 hours tests are ran he got lucky a concussion a factured leg and some road burn are is only injuries. By time I get back to check on him he's moved upstairs where he will be staying the night for observation. I got kicked out of the room as soon as the other attending found out Parker was my brother.

I walk into parkers room and it's full of men in motorcycle vests. Parker looks up at me and smiles. "Peyton, long time no see, big sister" the room suddenly is deadly silent everyone is looking back and forth between us.

"She's really your sister? I thought she was bullshiting me earlier" the man From the ambulance says.

I just roll my eyes. "Guys can you give us a minute?" My brother asks all the men make their way out of the room.

"Hey Parker, how are you feeling?"

"Fine"

"Sorry I couldn't come check in on you sooner busy night" I tell him figdgeting with my badge attached to my white coat.

"Peyton come sit down." I sat in a chair next to his bed. "Where have you been?"

"I was in Seattle for awhile. I got a job here six months ago" I tell him

"You're a doctor" He smiles at me

"Yeah."

"Why did you leave like that Pey?" He sighs.