chapter 30

Luca

when I got the call from peyton Monday afternoon that Alexia did in fact sign over her rights and took the check it disappointed me. Not because I don't love my daughter or I don't want here to live with us. It's because I can't understand it, no amount of money in this would would make me give up my kids.

I'll never make ari cut her mom out of her life, but she's safer with me and peyton. She's happy, loved, and taken care of. She will never want for anything.

"Luca, your still there babe?" Peyton asks over the phone as I'm sitting in my office.

"Yeah, baby sorry. Dinner tonight to celebrate?"

"Yeah, what time are you going to be home?"

"Around four or five. I have to stop at the bar and the shop."

"Okay,"

"Have you told Ari yet?"

"No, I didn't want to tell her while she's at school. Honestly it's probaly a conversation you and her should have."

"Okay baby, I'll talk to her when I get home."

"Okay, I love you luca I'll see you later."

"Love you too baby, give my princess a kiss for me." Hanging up the phone I sit back in my chair and release a sigh of relief. Ellie is officially adopted, ari is officially mine, my whole family is safe and happy. There's only one last thing I need to do to make me happy, get my girl down the isle.

A knock on my office door pulls me from my thoughts."come in!"

"Hey prez," Jasper says as he walks in and takes a seat infront of me.

"Hey brother, what's going on?"

"I need to go out of town for a little bit."

"What's going on jasper?"

"I need to help a friend," he says tightening his jaw.

"Tell what's going on jasper."

"A friend of mine, from years ago reached out to me last night. I asked him to keep an eye on someone for me. He called me back the girl he was keeping an eye on showed up at her job with with bruises on her face and wrists. I need to go make sure she's okay." He says.

"Who is she to you?"

"Someone I wish I never pushed away."

"You do what you gotta do brother. We'll be okay. Take snow with you, and let me know if you need anything." I nod at him.

"Thanks prez."  He says and leaves my office.

Im finishing up an order for the bar when there's another knock on my door. I look at my watch seeing its already three. I wanted to be home in an hour and still had a couple stops to make. "Come in!"

"Hey prez," kallie, one of the club girls says when she steps in closing the door behind her.

"What's up?"

"Is there anyway I can get some extra shifts at one of the businesses?"

"Why?"

"I just need the extra money."

"Why?" I ask her again.

She chews on her lip before answering, "I'm pregnant.'

"One of my guys?" I ask and she nods her head. "who?"

"He doesn't know," she shakes ger head.

"Who?"

"Knight," she whispers. "he's the only one I have been with like that in a few months."