Chapter 1

I grit my teeth as I stare down at the burgundy-colored dress

I grit my teeth as I stare down at the burgundy-colored dress. Don't get me wrong, it's gorgeous I just hate it. Hate all dresses, in fact. Just ask my mom. She could never get me into a dress and when she did, I clawed at it until I practically yanked my own skin out. Either that or threw a tantrum. But as I'm not a toddler anymore I settle for grumbling, "Do I have to wear this stupid dress?"

I just finished four years of college and this is how I get to spend my first summer off?

I poke at the sides that hang just off the shoulder. The dress is so tight I feel..."I feel like I'm choking." I gasp and my older sister, Madison, giggles as she eyes all of us trying on our bridesmaid's dresses.

Madison is engaged to NFL wide receiver Maxon Blake. Yeah, I know, never would I have thought that was in the cards for us but he's completely head over freakin' heels in love with her. Seriously, there isn't a time I don't look at the guy and he's not staring at my sister.

He flew across the damn country to fight for her for Christ's sake.

She deserves this, especially after the douchey men she dated and the asshole father we had. Hell, the women too.

My sister and her fiance dealt with the craziest bitch ever. Her name was Natasha and she was a complete lunatic. Her goal was to destroy their relationship and she succeeded for a while. To make matters worse, my sister was pregnant and the bitch, even from across the country, made her miscarry.

My fists clench at the reminder.

That was the darkest moment of our lives and to top it off she was threatening Maxon as well.

But negative past aside, they are due to get married in a few months. If it were up to Maxon they would've married right there in Italy when he proposed but my sister said no and what she says goes.

So if I have to fathom wearing this stupid dress for her? I will.

Actually no, the ceremony is the only exception. After that? Screw it, I'm changing back into jeans.

"I don't know how you feel like you're choking." Madison giggles, "There's literally nothing covering you from the upper chest."

"Exactly." I roll my eyes. I despise showing a lot of skin. It makes me feel awkward and exposed. I hate it but at least I'm not the maid of honor. I wouldn't want to be uncomfortable and stand there giving a speech.

"You will wear this, Trinity. It looks amazing on you!" My sister's best friend, Vanessa, tells me as she twirls her dress around, inspecting every inch of herself in the mirror. Vanessa, on the other hand, is the perfect fit for the role. Thank God for her.

"Alright, ladies. Line up!" The bridal boutique assistant says as Vanessa, Leah and I line up until we're standing side-by-side.

Each of us is wearing a different style of burgundy-colored dress. They were hand-picked to match our different shapes and form by my sister's other good friend and event planner, Ari.