Chapter 38

After ordering the Uber, I was relieved to know the young man wasn't a complete stranger

Carmel's older sister was a classmate of the guy and he spent his time talking to us about memories of her and the Grant's—whom he also went to school with for a while.

As it turns out, he was in the area after getting notified of his brother's whereabouts from fellow friends. Apparently, the guy insisted on drinking the night away after finding out his girlfriend was expecting.

He's only just reached drinking age too and has no clue what he's doing with his life. Tony has to be the responsible one and make sure his brother doesn't get do something he'll regret.

Carmel and I merely exchanged a look at that. If I were the girl, I would've run for the hills if my man couldn't handle the news of us procreating but to each their own.

Shortly after dropping Carmel at her parent's home—a dispute that was quickly settled—Tony drops me off at Grace's.

"Forget how big the property is," Tony says as he unlocks the doors to his car and I merely dip my head.

"Well it was a pleasure, Tony, thank you."

"It's Toby Miss." He corrects and my face heats up.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, Toby, I'm horrible with names." I give him a genuine sheepish smile.

"Thank you Toby for dropping me off. I'll make sure to leave you a tip for entertaining me and Carmel with your stories of the Grants. It surely was interesting to know about the three of them pranking the teachers with 'fresh' water from the lake."

He lifts his stetson. "They were fun times. And it was a pleasure as well, Miss Rosales. If you ever need an Uber driver I'm your guy."

"I'll take note of that."

Another lift of his stetson and he waves, "Have a wonderful night."

"You too." I thank him again.

As I search through my clutch it hits me.

"I don't have the key," I groan.

I take in a deep breath and count, "One...two...three." I let out a scream from the top of my lungs, the night finally catching up to me. My feet ache. The midnight air is cold on my mostly naked body and now I don't have the key to where I was staying all because I insisted on leaving and forgot to ask Grace for the key.

"You're such a dumb-dumb, Trinity," I smack my forehead with the palm of my hand. Apparently, Carmel's words hit me harder than I thought. Sighing I say, "What do I do now?"

As I rifle through my mini bag, I note that my phone has full charge. Thankfully I was smart in charging that beforehand.

I start going through my options.