Chapter 30

Work picks up throughout the next few weeks with Trinity and Mama finalizing the layout for the cabins

I call up the local construction team and go over the details and plan out the schedules of how things will begin to unfold over the next couple of months.

With Trinity's suggestion of not tearing anything down, the cabins should be finished sometime this winter.

I call Hayden to update me on what's been going on back at headquarters out on the west coast.

Everything has been running smoothly except for a small part. Nothing he can't solve on his own but, either way, if he needs me I let him know I'm there.

Grandmama has just gotten into her Cadillac, saying something about going to meet with the local church group when I decide to sneak up on Trinity who's scrolling over her notes on her phone.

"Sunrise!" I whisper-shout and she jolts slightly, quickly relaxing into my arms once she realizes it's me.

Further proving that we're making progress.

"Lincoln, what are you doing?" She whisper-hisses and I glance over her shoulder at the team inspecting the walls and wiring.

"I missed you," I murmur, brushing my lips against her neck.

"You've seen me every day." She snorts and I tighten my arms around her waist. "I meant one on one. You staying with Grace these past two weeks is really making me feel lonely."

"She's due to leave in less than a month. She's fun and is really learning her way to self-defense. Besides," I hear the roll in her eyes, "I need female company. Being surrounded  by men twenty-four-seven isn't exactly ideal." She peeks back at me with a raise of her shapely brow. "And it's not like you haven't been hanging with the twins so I wouldn't say you've been a loner."

"Well, they ain't pretty to stare at and not as fun as you."

She spins in my arms then and grins. "Why thank you, Lincoln. I'm very flattered. Was never really told that growing up."

My gaze pierces into hers. "Then they missed out."

One side of her plush lips tilts up, "They did. But who wanted to get to know them anyway?"

"Certainly not you, I'm sure."

That brings on a full megawatt grin to her face. "You're getting to know me so well."

I merely raise a shoulder. "I've always paid close attention to you."

She mock gasps, "Lincoln you stalker. Nothing better to do?"

"Guess not."

I could say an inappropriate comment right now but I want her to know I'm serious. Part of me thinks she's avoided spending time with me after our date weekend because she thinks I'm playing around.