Chapter 12

I head down to our building's main lobby and my eyes immediately lock on Trinity who is busy taking the area in with awe

I smirk as I know the room is quite impressive.

It has a darker approach with dim lighting.

A massive stone wall adds life to the space with water calmly gliding over the surface. The ceilings are rustic reminding Hayden and me of home with discreet pops of the country here and there.

Many find it admirable.

"Lincoln, here is the team just as Celeste promised," Hayden tells me as I approach the group of females. I acknowledge them with a polite smile and nod as my cousin tells them, "If you would all like to introduce yourselves?"

They do, one by one. A few of the women twiddling with their hair but what is most amusing is seeing Trinity who looks like she wants to be anywhere but here.

When it comes down to her to state her name, I expect her to retort and yell that she doesn't need to introduce herself but she acts as if she's never spoken a word to me before.

"Trinity Rosales." She imparts simply, sounding bored but I can't help but stare at her with mirth.

Message received. She doesn't know me.

Good.

This means it will make it easier to be civil with her. Considering she's always bickering about God knows what with me.

"Very nice to meet you all." I finally say once everyone's made their introductions, "I'm Lincoln Grant, CEO of Coastal Grant Architecture. I'm unsure whether Celeste has let you in on the arrangement but just in case one of you dozed off on her...Celeste and I are working on merging both of our companies. It would be grand if our team of architects can have designers on-site."

Trinity looks uninterested and a bit annoyed as I explain. "You will be checking in here instead of at Celeste's design studio." I gesture to the interior of the building where I will direct them to their stations. "We are working on building a design department and construction has just begun. It will be a few months, if not a year until it's complete. In the meantime, you will be sharing space with our architects here."

The team glances amongst each other and Trinity glares at me as if to say, you better not pair me off with you.

My lips twitch at the look and she bares her teeth slightly.

"Hayden and I will split the group." I once again give my attention to the women, "Some of you will be on my floor while the others will be on Hayden's. Does that sound okay?"

"Yes." All say in unison and I dip my chin. "Good."

Trinity visibly shifts so she is on Hayden's side and my eyes gleam at her move.

She's not getting away that easily.

"Trinity Rosales, you will be on my floor." I pick her first for pulling that move and she frowns for a brief second before moving onto my side.