Chapter 11

Hayden and I are walking toward our respective cars when someone grabs my arm, stopping me

I fight the urge to grin when I hear Trinity's angry voice. "What do you think you're doing?"

I roll my eyes.

Since she pays me no time of day when I'm nice and respectful to her, may as well play along with her attitude.

"Opening my car. What does it look like?" I mock sarcastically and it was a bad move because she grips my shirt tighter.

I bite my lip to keep from smiling at her close proximity. "Was I hired because of you?"

I give her a puzzled look, taken aback by such an assumption. "Of course not. That was all you, sweetheart."

"Don't call me that. My name is Trinity. Use it, Mr. Grant."

"Mr. Grant, eh?" I grin and she pulls back as if my touch has burned her.

"What are you playing at?" She wrinkles her nose and I place a hand over my chest. "Who? Me? I'm not playing anything. Clearly, I'm working and now you will be working too." I flash her a wide grin. "With me."

"Oh hell no." She points a menacing finger at me, "What do you want from me?"

"I wanted to get to know you. I suggested a lunch date, you turned me down. I tried helping you, you turned me down. I tried speaking amicably with you, you ditched me. So now Miss Rosales, I got you to work for me."

Her jaw drops. "I-mmm-ugh!!!"

She stomps her foot on the ground like a petulant child and I stare at her amusingly. Who would've thought I would get under her skin so much?

A car honks and I glance over at the same time Trinity turns around, eyes widening. She quickly gathers her composure upon seeing Celeste much to my ongoing enjoyment.

"Ms. Aldaine." She breathes.

Celeste waves it off, "Call me, Celeste. We're partners now." She grins. "That's what I call my employees." Her dark eyes bounce between both of us. "What are you all doing over here? Is everything alright?"

"Yes!" Trinity shouts and I fight back a chuckle because I'm not sure she sounds so convincing. "I was just thanking Lincoln for thinking of such a genius idea between both of your guys' companies and for allowing me into his."

Celeste buys it, grinning, "He was really smart. I can't believe I agreed to it," she chuckles. "Well, I've gotta run. I have a client to meet at two. See you soon!" With a wave, she hits the gas and Trinity snaps back around.

"So," I lean against my sports car. "You came to apologize for my genius idea, huh?" I smirk. "I knew you thought highly of me."

Trinity frowns. "You do know I was lying. Lincoln, why do you insist on annoying me?"