Chapter 26

Lincoln didn't waste any time setting his plans in motion

Lincoln didn't waste any time setting his plans in motion. Three days later, he and I take a three-hour drive from Livingston to Missoula, Montana.

The only reason he told me that much was because I asked what I should pack which was nothing short of pointless. I don't even have many clothes to wear around here other than t-shirts, jeans, leggings, and shorts Grace generously gifted me.

Much like our arrival into the state, I'm in complete awe of the scenery.

Unlike our first ride together, I'm both giddy and nervous.

Lincoln explaining the sights the entire way, however, prevented me from falling into a stupor of anxious anticipation of what's to come.

The ideal scenery also benefitting my senses and leaving me in a serene sort of daze.

Damn. The more I see of Montana the more the idea of moving here grows.

I would absolutely love to live in Montana.

I just don't see a way of how that would be possible. At least, not anytime soon.

"Welcome to the heart of Western Montana!" Lincoln finally shouts cheerfully, grinning as we drive over a river.

My jaw drops as I look left and right. The waters extend for miles.

"No way! The city is cut off by a river?"

"Yup." Lincoln beams. "Beautiful right?"

"Stunning." I agree.

"Remember how you asked why I didn't go to the university within the state? Well, this city happens to be the home of the University of Montana."

"No way." My eyes can't take in the area fast enough. "I mean, we're just arriving but I really don't know why you left Montana in the first place."

He chuckles lowly, "Texas is incredible. And like I said, I wouldn't have met Maxon which ultimately means, I wouldn't have met you." He glances at me briefly before his eyes return to the road but I saw the genuineness in his gaze, causing butterflies to erupt in my lower belly.

We drive for another half hour until we arrive at a ranch on the outskirts of the city.

Thank goodness because my bum was beginning to feel numb.

There we check in with a warm older woman who directs us to a luxury 'tent.'

As Lincoln and I approach the camp located directly in front of a river, I come to a halt, stunned.

This is where we'll be staying?

A moment later the helpful ranch hand brings in our small luggage showing us the elegance of the rustic cabin.

"Here is your en suite Mr. Grant and Miss Rosales."

My eyes bulge as he explains. "One comfortable king-sized bed. You have your own private deck out here with an exquisite sight of the river. The a/c and heating function perfectly though I wouldn't recommend the ladder this time of year." The guy who appears to be straight out of high school smiles invitingly. "Don't worry though the vanity is double if you want your space, Miss. You have access to Wi-Fi though I don't anticipate you will be using it often."