Chapter 19

"You've really never had a burger?" Marigold asks, blue eyes widened in shock as I bite into my french fries

"You've really never had a burger?" Marigold asks, blue eyes widened in shock as I bite into my french fries. "No."

Hmm, not as good as the Mediterranean but it will have to do.

Don't want to come off as too picky but a girl knows her fries.

"Damn, I wish I was that hardy." Brynn confesses, patting her flat stomach, "They are my weakness. I could lose a few pounds or so."

Grace shakes her head, "You don't know what you're talking about."

"What are you talking about? I've legit gained ten pounds since my brother came home from the military." She pulls out her phone and shows Grace a picture of the scale. "Here's the proof."

"I guess that's a good thing." Marigold chuckles, catching a glimpse of the image. "As Rihanna said, 'You want the butt you have the gut' or something like that."

"I do love my booty." Brynn shakes her hips on the bench across from me and the more I stare at her, the more she reminds me of someone but who?

I can't remember off the top of my head. I don't look at social media often.

I survey the group of girls, noticing that Carmel, the brunette, is the quietest.

I have nothing against that though. It reminds me of who I was before Maxon and the guys came into our lives. After that, I totally broke out of my shelf with a few nervous moments here and there.

Her eyes meet mine and I smile lightly.

She glances away with a bite to her lip and I frown.

Okay...

"So no boyfriend back home?" Brynn asks, turning her bright gaze to me and I shake my head. "God no. Don't have the time."

She chuckles, resting her chin on the back of her hands. "How do you do it? Around hot football players? I would probably be humping their face."

My eyes round at her candidness though I'm not sure why. I hang around Isaiah and Luke for goodness sake.

Nevertheless, Grace shouts, "Brynn! They are basically her family. Imagine how Trinity must feel?" Grace faces me, a sheepish look on her features, "Sorry, Trin. Hopefully, I can call you that?"

I shrug, "Sure, why not?"

"I thought you and Lincoln were dating," Carmel finally whispers and my brows raise.

That's an interesting question.

"Um, no. Why would you think that?" I question, genuinely curious as to why she thinks that considering Lincoln and I do not act like anything more than acquaintances.

She glances away and Marigold admits, "He's been her crush since we were children."

"MG!" Carmel hisses, nudging her friend in the side at the same time I utter, "Oh wow."