Chapter 5

This time I wake up bright and early, brush my teeth, and head downstairs where I smell the mouthwatering scents that carried me through my childhood

As my nose very well recognized, my mom is the one cooking in the kitchen this time.

"Hey, morning!" I greet everyone, feeling in a good mood.

Huh, it seems I woke up on the right side of the bed today.

I ain't complaining though, it's a brand new day! Isn't that reason enough to celebrate?

God is good.

"Morning!" Mad says as she feeds baby Mia whose hair is tossed all over.

"Someone had a crazy night." I approach them and Mia begins kicking her little legs at seeing me.

She grins as Madison feeds her some sweet potato. Her favorite.

I grab a hold of her little foot and she removes it most likely feeling ticklish. When Mad tries feeding her again Mia refuses and extends her little hands up so I can carry her.

Er...

Madison raises a brow.

"Do you want to? I know how you feel about children."

"Erm, well, I mean, sure."

I pick my niece up carefully and she meets my eyes, her little emerald gaze scanning my face.

"Hey Mia, morning."

She lets out a laugh, her little teeth showing.

"Morn, mamama. T!"

"Yup I'm your Auntie." Or Aunt Who-never-spills-the-tea as Luke says to my eternal annoyance.

Speaking of, where is that idiot?
"Where are the guys? Are they sleeping?"

It's brunch time. I assumed they would've been gobbling up breakfast by now.

Madison shakes her head as she begins eating her once unattended bowl of fruit.

"Isaiah went back home last night."

"Yeah he told me."

I settle Mia on my hip.

"V went to her mothers to surprise her since it's her birthday."

"That's today?" I ask and Mia reaches for the bun atop my head. I kindly maneuver her hand away because the girl can pull.

My lost strands can testify to that.

"Yeah, she and Luke are going to be taking over the kitchen for the day. God help them because neither of them can cook."

"Hence," I agree, feeling relieved when Mia wants to be set down. "Why I didn't want Vanessa touching anything in the kitchen."

Mad grins because she knows the girl is smart as a whip but unfortunately that does not apply to cooking or baking skills. She can cook an omelet without burning it max. And even that is thanks to my mom's instruction.