Chapter 15

Trinity and I slept the rest of the afternoon until the following day

The sun is barely rising on the horizon, the first rays peeking through and tenderly caressing the grass field as I walk into the kitchen.

I get a pot of coffee started wondering if Trinity is up yet.

Considering it's barely past six in the morning, I'm not so sure.

I contemplate whether to go and check on her but decide not to risk it.

The last time Isaiah carried her down from her slumber she was pissy with me–more than usual.

Nah, I'll let her get up on her own.

Meanwhile, I spend that time gazing at the landscape.

A few of the ranch hands run atop their horses off in the distance most likely on their way to move the cattle.

Fond memories of my cousins and I first 'helping' them out in our youth come to mind.

Man, we were something riling up the herd.

No one really wanted our aid after all the trouble we caused.

I chuckle softly as I recall the wonderful times.

There really is no place like home.

The water soon comes to a boil and I prepare my coffee old-fashioned style.

I ponder whether to pour a cup for Trinity.

Does she even like coffee or should I make her breakfast?

I pop two pieces of bread into the toaster and decide to wait.

What does she like?

A small grin forms on my lips.

I guess we'll wait and see.

Now that we'll be in close proximity to each other, I can have the chance to study her since her lips seem to be sealed about her recreational activities and all.

I'm onto my fourth sip of coffee when I hear a door quietly click open and a moment later, Trinity stumbles in wearing an extra large t-shirt and sweatpants.

My lips twitch, "Good morning," I grin, "Someone woke up late."

She stops when she spots me. By the slight widening of her eyes, I can tell she hadn't initially noticed me. She's literally staggered right out of bed.

"You have better be joking," Are her first words to me and I smirk.

"You consider this late? I'm surprised I'm up already." She frowns not seeming to like that thought.

I chuckle softly as I answer her, "Yes, this is considered late. I assure you the ranch hands already had their first breakfast."

Trinity's jaw drops, "What?"