Chapter 10

I don't have much professional clothing so it's an understatement when I say I wrecked my closet trying to look for something presentable

After turning my room upside down, I find a nice blouse that had been gifted to me by an aunt years ago and hoped to God Celeste wouldn't say anything about my simple pair of jeans.

To make it seem more casual/formal I added the one and only black blazer I own and finish off with some simple black leather bootie wedges. I pull my hair into a low bun and place some curly wisps to frame my softly round face.

As I enter the dim restaurant, I make a mental note to go shopping later. I need more nice and fancy wear for work. I don't want to be showing up with the same clothing every day. Not for anyone's sake but for mine.

I approach the cashier with an easy grin and just as I open my mouth to place an order someone shouts, "Trinity! Over here!"

Lincoln.

I about narrow my eyes at him but right then Celeste turns around and waves me over.

"Sorry, I'll be right back," I tell the cashier who doesn't seem to care one way or another.

I plaster on a grin as I approach the table and am relieved to find Celeste is dressed in a similar fashion to mine. Thank God.

Lincoln and another male I don't recognize are both, however, dressed to the nines.

Damn. Don't linger on how good the suit looks on Lincoln. Don't look at how—

The man whose name I don't know grins broadly as he beams at me.

I fight the urge to blush as I begin to wonder if my gaze lingered on his friend for too long.

Thankfully, Celeste cuts through it with her welcome, "Trinity! We are so happy you could make it."

"And with minutes to spare," I say, gathering my composure.

"Come, sit." She pulls out the chair beside hers, "Lincoln took the liberty of ordering for you, we were just waiting for you to arrive so we could eat."

"Oh, did he?" I hide the usual glare that I would've for sure directed at him if my new boss weren't here but I have enough manners to smile sweetly, "Thank you, Lincoln."

He grins broadly. "Of course. Wouldn't want you to think we forgot about you."

Of course.

I open the compostable takeout container and my eyes widen at what I see inside.

It's my usual order I place whenever we go for Mexican. Carne asada fries topped with delicious beans, guacamole, grated mozzarella and cheddar cheese with a generous dollop of sour cream.

My eyes round and I glance up at Lincoln but he's not paying me any more attention, instead focused on opening up his own container's lid.

The guy across from me extends a hand. "It is very nice to meet you, Trinity. I'm Hayden, Hayden Grant. Cousin to Lincoln and co-founder of Coastal Grant's Architecture."