Chapter 37

I can't focus

I can't focus. Not even the scent of horse manure is strong enough to distract from the thoughts of Trinity wearing a fucking cloth to a honky tonk.

What the fuck was Grace thinking?

I pull out my phone and do the only thing I can,

Me: Need saving?

I set it aside feeling stuck. I can't go or else Grace's friends will question why I care so much. Although I can always use she's Maxon Blake's future sister-in-law. Still, I know they ain't stupid, If Grace tripped me up then surely they will find a way too.

I smack myself in the head recalling my cousin's proud face after she shocked me with the news of Trinity and me sharing our first kiss. She admitted it was an assumption but I gave the truth away by my reaction.

Idiot, such a fucking idiot. I would not make it in Hollywood that's for sure.

My phone dings at that moment and I dive for it.

Sunrise: Can handle myself

Me: No guys have been creeping have they?

Sunrise: Only half the town

My teeth grit, muscles priming to get in the truck and pick her up.

Another message pops in,

Sunrise: Don't worry, when they recognize I'm the one who sent what's-his-face to the ER they'll go running ;)

I huff out a laugh, feeling some relief coursing through my veins.

Me: How could I forget? My girlfriend is trained by a professional fighter.

Sunrise: The best MMA fighter in the business too! Matt would be so proud of me.

I chuckle and almost send the three-letter word except I manage to catch myself

Me: I miss you

Christ, that was a close one.

My phone pings with the next message and my heart stops for a beat when I read the response

Sunrise: Me too. Can't wait to get back

Seriously how many times do I need to pinch myself?

You aren't dreaming, Linc. Pull yourself together man.

Me: I'll be waiting with a nice cup of tea :)

Sunrise: Make it chamomile, please

Me: On it.

I sigh, leaning back on the stacks of hay.

Now what do I do?

Contemplating how to best rid myself of the thoughts of my gorgeous girlfriend looking sexy as fuck around a bunch of creeps, I decide to get a workout in.