One Normal Night

A/N: More quality time with our favourite Dorito demon.

"Hey, Bill..!" You called the male as you looked up from your journal after stepping into the living room.

The said demon perked up as he quickly placed his triangular eye patch on his now-covered eye.

"I'll be going with Marbs and Dip. They found an incredible dead deer outside and wondered if I could research what species it is..!" You explained as you pointed to the door. "I'll be heading out again, and I'm hoping you can take care of the house for me again..!"

He stared at you blankly in uncomfortable silence as you awaited an answer.

"Okay..? Thanks, bye!" When you were going to exit the room, Bill grabbed your wrist.

You turned to him in shock and confusion.

"Oh no..! You're not going anywhere..! They can research themselves! They're 16 and acting like 8-year-olds!" He jeered with his gloved hand still on your wrist.

You looked at him up and down. "Touché, Cipher..!" You quipped as you narrowed your eyes.

"C'mon, just relax for once ya wound up woman!" He drags you into the small corridor, earning a yelp from you.

You were relaxing in your room with headphones on before hearing a sweet melody from Bill's room. You recognised the song from the playlist he created.

After debating, you got up and made your way towards his room.

When you came closer to the door, you heard the music become clearer.

"Alone at the edge of a universe humming a tune~

For merely dreaming we were snow~"

Curious, you let yourself into the room as the singing continued.

"A siren sounds like a goddess who

Promise endless apologies of paradise~

And only she can make it right~

So things are different tonight~!"

The demon's fingers glided across the keys as you watched in awe of his talent.

"We'll go together in flight~!

It's now and never

A reverie endeavour

Awaits somnambulant directives

To take the helm~!"

You smiled and chuckled slightly as he continued the play the song. Your father used to always sing that song to you.

"Believe me, darling

The stars were made for falling