Ep. 1

Copyright © 2023 Nikie_Sterling_27 All Rights Reserved

"No part of this fanfiction may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without written permission from the author."

"Save a child, Crash a wedding"

✧・゚: *✧・゚: ✎ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:

Dear Lee Yeon,

Hello. This is a bit strange, isn't it? In the hundreds of years we've known each other, I don't believe we've ever exchanged a letter. You were never one to sit down and take the time to sit down and write something so tedious when you could just turn the other way and disappear. A specialty of yours.

This won't be sent to you. This letter will never leave the safety and privacy of my bedroom; you'll never see so much as my front door, where it and all of its sibling letters are, and eventually I'll burn them all. The humans call this a form of therapy, and normally I'd never partake in human activities such as this; I'm much too old and uninterested in their little boring lives, but this came highly recommended to me by a friend to let you go.

I'm still so angry with you, but you don't care. I saw it in your eyes in the last few months of our whirlwind of a "relationship''. I haven't forgotten how your lip used to curl when others called what we had a relationship—stop furrowing your brows and giving yourself more wrinkles—that the modicum of care you felt for me disappeared like the fires I've spent my whole life putting out. The finality of whatever we had between us meant everything to me, clearly, as I'm spending my time writing this to you knowing I'll never send it, but it means less to you than the dust on your shoes.

I knew it even without your brother practically rubbing it in my face. Sorry, not sorry, for the stab wound I gave him. Judgment was practically on fire with how close he was and with how annoying he was being. It was bound to happen. I wonder if you two are still butting heads or not. You two are so hopeless at times that it's almost sad.

But that's what you do. You push away anyone who could care about you for the sake of your precious human. You did it to me, playing with my heart like a new toy and then disappearing when you knew how much you occupied my mind and heart. You did it to Rang, leaving him and abandoning your job for the sake of that human. Yes, I know about it. Rang got drunk, showed up at my doorstep, cried, and complained about you for hours. It was awkward in the morning after, but seeing as how you'll never see this, I'm keeping to my word of never breathing a word of that night to you or anyone else.