𝓘𝓷𝓭𝓲𝓰𝓮𝓷𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓖𝓸𝓭𝓼

〖  Ep

〖  Ep. 8 : Indigenous Gods

Sleep was a very precious factor of any beings life. For Choi Lee Gayoung, she valued her sleep much more given the fact that she was ready to give birth any day now; she was trying not to think about the fact that she might not live past giving birth and needed as much sleep as she could get. Which is why she was in such a terrible mood at Myoyeongak after having to wake up early and show up at the restaurant for some event that Hong-joo had been terribly vague about.

"Hong-joo, I thought you said this was an emergency. Watching your staff handmake kimchi is hardly even worth telling us about." Gayoung told Hong-joo, after swallowing a yawn.

"Please save me, boss." One of Rang's wolf bandits pleaded with the younger Lee brother.

"What are you doing here?" Rang asked him, confused by his appearance at Myoyeongak Square.

"Why are we all here, Hong-joo?" Yeon asked Hong-joo while holding Gayoung in a side hug and brushing his thumb against her arm. "I thought there was an emergency of some kind. That's why we're all here."

"One of Myoyeongak's biggest events is an emergency. Sit down, the three of you. Pretty mama, there's a chair under several umbrellas waiting for you." Hong-joo told them.

"It's gimchang season?" Yeon asked her, gesturing to the baskets and bowls full of material to make kimchi. "I'm a husband and a father. I can't spend time away from Gayoung now."

"I'm the boss of a mountain gang. Without me, they don't know what to do with themselves." Rang added in.

"I'm a victim of that bandit gang. I'll just be stressed out." Shin-joo also added, giving a quick look to the member of Rang's bandit gang.

"To be a dutiful husband and father, I can't just leave Gayoung's side to make kimchi." Yeon continued to insist.

Hong-joo smirked back at him before she looked over at a nearly asleep Gayoung. She picked up a nearly finished bowl of kimchi, walked over to Gayoung, and held it up to the mother's face.

"Gayoung. You can be my semi-official taste tester. All the bowls of kimchi you could ever want for yourself and your precious babies." Hong-joo told the young woman in a tone that sounded like she was singing.

Gayoung's eyes widened at that as the scent of the homemade kimchi hit her nose and made her stomach rumble. She took a few hesitant sniffs of the kimchi before she put a hand on her round belly where she could feel her babies kicking at her as if telling her how eager they were to eat. She lifted her head off of Yeon, took the bowl from Hong-joo's hands, and looked up at the ex-mountain god expectantly.