𝓙𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓼𝓪𝓷 𝓣𝓲𝓰𝓮𝓻

『  Ep

『  Ep. 7: Jangsan Tiger

If traveling back in time to when South Korea was imperialized by Japan wasn't bad enough, getting sent back to the Joseon Dynasty Period was even worse. Gayoung and Yeon were plenty confused by the sudden blast to even further in the past, but Moo-yeong was extremely determined to find Hong-joo and didn't seem to care at all that they just time-traveled. Again.

"Gosh, where are we supposed to look to find her?" Yeon asked Moo-yeong in a slightly annoyed tone.

The trio were walking around the area, with Yeon pulling Gayoung along while she looked around with her gold eyes out. It was bothering her that the cat seemingly vanished into thin air and the city was like a ghost town. There was no sign of life anywhere except for the immediate trio's walking around, which made the hair on Gayoung's arm stand up.

"This is too weird. This should be a bustling city, but it's as if no one is even in the city except for us. I can barely even feel the wind." Gayoung spoke up and squeezed Yeon's hand a bit nervously.

"Hong-joo!" Moo-yeong called out in the empty area. "Ryu Hong-joo!"

"That's not going to work. Let's split up and look." Yeon told Moo-yeong in a lowered tone.

Moo-yeong nodded at the idea before jogging over to the right, leaving the married duo to go to the left. The duo followed the path on the left and looked for any sign of Hong-joo when Gayoung caught the scent of blood, which nearly made her gag. After she assured him that she was fine to continue, which took a little pushing from her since Yeon was the biggest worrywart on the planet, they pressed on to wherever the scent was originating from. The married duo ended up at what looked like a compound, and the sight inside made Gayoung nearly throw up. There were dead bodies all over the floor, and judging by the pungent scent of blood, they had been dead for a while.

"Ugh, this is disgusting." Gayoung commented while covering her mouth with her hand.

"Honey, try to breathe through your mouth or pinch your nose." Yeon told her in a gentle tone. He looked at her with sympathy before turning his head back. "Hey, Moo-yeong! Cheon Moo-yeong!"

The married duo had to wait a few moments for Moo-yeong to arrive, holding a hand to his nose, disgusted by the smell of corpses and blood in the summer heat as well.

"Are they all human?" Moo-yeong asked the duo.

"Yeah, and from the smell alone, they've been dead for a while. But the heat of summer could be making them smell worse than they actually are." Gayoung answered in a raised voice, pinching her nose.

Moo-yeong kneeled down to one of the dead bodies and hovered his hand over the face. He then nodded to himself and stood up.

"It's been at least three days." Moo-yeong told the duo.