𝓗𝓸𝓷𝓰-𝓳𝓸𝓸 𝓲𝓷 𝓻𝓮𝓭

━━━━━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━━━━━

Ep. 4: Hong-joo in red/Foundling

━━━━━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━━━━━

Sometimes, being Mrs. Choi Lee was a very confusing thing because of the Lee brother she married. He had a very strange and inherent talent for being able to both frustrate her and also make her laugh and thank her lucky stars that he was her husband. Today was a very middle day, as she had no idea if she should laugh, cry, or risk calling her best friend, Lingxin, to complain about the fact that she married a man child.

What did her only husband do? He took Shin-joo and drove off in their car to spy on Rang's date with So-rang, which involved riding a horse.

Suddenly left without a husband, best friend, or a Shin-joo to spend time with, she left the house and went grocery shopping to make up all the food the babies had her eating. And maybe even go baby cloth shopping, as she had no real idea when the babies were coming or how close to the gate opening again that would be. An hour later, six shopping bags full of adorable baby clothes and tasty-looking food later, and she was walking back to her new home as happy as could be.

"Anyone home?" She called out to the house after she unlocked the door.

She walked over to the kitchen as she heard the whispered yelling of Yeon and Shin-joo in one of the rooms upstairs. She hummed to herself as she put the bags down on the kitchen table, walked over to the fridge, opened the refrigerator door, and began to unpack everything in the bags into the fridge. She heard Yeon rush downstairs, stop in the open doorway to the kitchen, and stare at her until she turned to look at him.

"Oh, great, you're here. Help me unpack everything into the fridge; I can't really bend." She told him while holding a pack of strawberries in her hand.

"Honey-pie, you know I love you more than anything on this planet and that I would gladly do anything for you if it made you happy, right?" Yeon asked her while having a nervous smile on his face.

Gayoung instantly became suspicious, furrowed her brows, and looked at him with a questioning expression on her face.

"What did you do?" She asked him, putting the strawberries down on the counter next to the fridge.

"Well, it was really Shin-joo's idea, and we did try to solve it before you came home, but they keep coming back no matter what we try. And we're pretty sure she's some rich couple's abandoned project. So really, if you think about it, we're healing the world, but better." Yeon rambled without pause, thoroughly confusing his lover.

"Wait, hold on. Did you say she and project? Which is it?" She asked him in a confused tone.

He opened his mouth to try and explain, only for a baby's cry to echo throughout the mansion from upstairs. Gayoung gave her husband a confused look before rushing over to the staircase, climbing upstairs, following the new heartbeat that now she was hyper-focused on, opening the door to Shin-joo's temporary room, and being instantly surprised by what she saw. In Shin-joo's arms was what looked like a newborn baby swaddled in an expensive blanket, and was now cooing at her. Gayoung let out a gasp, feeling herself melt into a puddle, as she walked over to Shin-joo, took the baby out of Shin-joo's arms, and cradled the baby to her chest.