22- how to feel

This chapter may be triggering for some readers as there is mention/implications of sexual assault. No sexual assault takes place in this chapter. It's only implied.

Unedited

It's around eight 8pm. Jimin's social battery has deteriorated greatly. To say that he's already ready to leave and go home is an understatement. He wants to sprint 4 million miles away, tie a brick to his ankle, and jump into the ocean, hoping to sink to the lowest floor. Or maybe get eaten by a shark.

The one thing he never understood about anxiety and depression is how random they appear. He was doing fine at first, though in all honesty, he didn't really want to join Jeongguk's sleepover. But he was doing good at socializing and pretending to be interested. Yet as time went on, he grew more and more distant from the conversations, spaced out into his thoughts, and found himself wishing to be alone and by himself. He isn't in a good mood and he's trying to hide it from the others. He doesn't want to spoil the fun.

Seokjin and Hoseok finish up a game of Mario cart, the latter tossing his controller to Jeongguk with a groan after losing. Jin cheers in victory and teases him. Jimin's resting his chin on his knees, sitting on a pillow on the floor with his legs pulled to his chest.

"Jimin, you wanna play?" Seokjin asks, holding the controller out in his direction.

Jimin blinks out of his thoughts and looks at him. "I'm fine with watching." He answers quietly.

He notices that Seokjin and Hoseok share a look. And then Jeongguk sighs and turns the television off. Jimin then glances at him in confusion.

"Why'd you turn it off?" He asks, confused.

Jeongguk adjusts himself so that he's now sitting crisscrossed on the floor. He looks at Jimin with a slight frown, picking at his fingernails.

"We know something's bothering you. You can talk to us, you know." He mumbles.

Jimin's eyes widen just a bit. He wasn't aware that he made it obvious. "I'm sorry. I was really trying not to make it obvious."

"Do...do you want to go home? I don't want you do be uncomfortable. You can go home if you want to."

"No, its not that. It's just..." Jimin takes in a deep breath, letting it out harshly. "I'm kinda...upset at something. It's really not a big deal, I'm sorry for burdening you guys-"

"It's a big deal if it made you upset, though." Seokjin says with a frown. "What happened?"

Jimin feels choked up for some reason. He swallows and avoids eye contact with them. Talking about his feelings was never easy, but this proves to be extremely difficult because he doesn't know how to word it. He's upset, but he doesn't really know why. Maybe telling them could help him feel better.

"Do you think Yoongi and Yeonjin will get back together?" He suddenly asks, deflecting the original question as to how he feels. Though he is very curious about this one as well.

Hoseok shrugs, "I mean, back when they dated, they were on and off a lot. Yoongi doesn't like inconsistency like that, so I don't think they'd date again. Is this what's bothering you?"

Jimin nibbles on his bottom lip. "Kinda? More so the fact that she literally laughed at me when I fell and broke my knee. And...after Yoongi made me food when I was sick, we sorta...cuddled. And now he barely even spoke to me this week."

Everyone looks surprised, especially Jeongguk. "You and Yoongi cuddled? He won't even let me put my arm around him!"

The others laugh and add in their agreements. Apparently, Yoongi isn't a touchy person, especially not with his friends. They may get a hug every now and then but that's it. So to hear that he and Jimin cuddled was definitely surprising news.