28- how to deal with a hangover

Unedited

Jimin suddenly wakes up with the need to puke. He immediately sits up and before he can even stand, it comes up and out on to his bedroom floor. He nearly falls off of the bed, holding on to it as his body rejects the toxins he put into it last night.

"Shit! Let me get you something!" His father, who was sitting beside him, quickly rushes off.

The room is still spinning and his movements still feel delayed. It isn't as bad as last night, but Jimin is definitely still feeling the effects of it. His stomach lurches again and he places his hand over his mouth. His dad shows up with the trash can from the bathroom and hands it to him. He grabs it quickly and pukes into it. His dad sits beside him and brushes his hair. It takes ten minutes for Jimin to begin dry heaving and coughing up stomach acid. When he's finally done, he lies back down in his bed, groaning and clenching his eyes closed.

"How do you feel?" His dad asks, looking down at his son with worry.

Jimin takes a moment to answer. "I feel like shit."

"You look like shit, too." He says to attempt to lighten the mood.

Jimin huffs and pulls the blanket over his head. "Turn off the light."

Jisung chuckles a bit, "the light is off. It's the sun."

"I don't care, turn it off."

He smiles down at him. Then he decides to leave his son alone to sleep some more so that he can clean the puke on the floor. Jimin didn't even eat anything. It's just water and stomach acid. He couldn't sleep last night, he had stayed up watching his son sleep. There was too much on his mind to be able to sleep soundly. So he had no choice but to call off work this morning. Jaewon, Jeongguk's dad and his boss, had no complaints about him calling off because he too, called off. He also couldn't sleep because Jeongguk's anxiety attacks and distressed pheromones kept him up.

Plus, Jisung didn't want to leave Jimin's side. In all honesty, he feels like a horrible parent. His wife was much better at parenting than he was. Jimin always listened to her and wouldn't disobey her. He feared his mother but loved her more than ever. Being the least liked parent never bothered him, but now that he's Jimin's only parent, he just wishes that his son would listen to him.

Everything that he does is for him. For Jimin, his only child. He only wants to protect his son from the dangers of the outside world. But if Jimin doesn't listen to him, if Jimin can't understand that the world is cruel, then he fails his job as a parent. He spent all night thinking about how this all could've been avoided. Should he have not grounded Jimin? Would that have stopped him from sneaking out? Or maybe he shouldn't have let Jeongguk stay over? He could've given Jimin back his phone that way he could track him. Or if his wife was still here, none of this would've happened. He doesn't know what factor would have changed the outcome, but it happened and there's nothing anyone can do to change it.

He worries a lot for his son. Jimin is mentally unstable. He's mentally exhausted and frail. One wrong move and he could fall into another mental collapse. He could spiral again. As much as Jimin hated going to the hospital, Jisung hated sending him there even more, but it was the only way to get his son help. Part of him is afraid that Jimin will never get better. Living with him like this for two years has been stressful and he knows that it's especially stressful for a young boy to lose his mother. There isn't a timeframe on grief or mourning. He doesn't know how to get over it because a person can't just get over losing someone close to them. It's never that easy.

"Dad?"

He looks up from where he stands in the doorway, staring at his son's figure on the bed. Jimin is still underneath the blanket, but maybe he could sense that he was still here.