Untitled Part 60

All the fine lines and proof of age are showing. Husband and wife, Bea and I are still up and about ready to celebrate another milestone in our wedding.

50 years.

50 damn years. I can't imagine.

2 kids. 4 grandchildren. 3 courtesy of Sab and 1 from Stephen.

All these times, I only want one person. My wife. My dream, my fantasy. My Mrs. Ravena. The mother of my precious kids.

I woke up earlier than usual and prepared a few surprises for my wife. Some have already been arranged by the kids.

The support was unbelievable.

The kids and I have been planning on this for months. A few scares here and there when Bea has been admitted to the hospital. I've had my own share of those hospital 'vacations' but every time, I only have one wish to God - Let me surprise my wife on our 50th wedding anniversary.

And here we are.

I was siting on the couch facing my wife, heavily asleep on the bed.

I was ready for my first surprise, I have them in my hands, ready to make her choose.

In between, I was tinkering with my phone, looking at all the pictures I have saved on my phone. My laptop is full of them from since we were kids. I checked on our Social media accounts, how times have changed.

Her alarm rang.

I stayed seated and waited for her to wake up. I wonder what the alarm was for. We stopped using the alarm clock since we retired. The business has now been taken over by the kids and grandkids.

She rubbed her eyes, awaken by the sound of the alarm. She then looked beside her, my place was empty.

My phone rang.

She stood up to look where the sound was coming from.

She saw me and smiled.

I walked up to her.

Kissed her on her forehead, my signature.

"Happy Anniversary, Mrs. Ravena!"

"Good morning, Sir. Happy Anniversary." She replied.

"What do you want to do today?" I asked her.

She looked at me.

I laughed.

I know. Every year I save her the hassle of preparing for our anniversary and plan ahead for our dates.

"You didn't prepare anything?" She asked, her forehead forming creases.

"Pwede ba namang hindi, syempre meron but you might have other preference."

"Can we stay in bed for the whole day?" She asked me.

"Hindi pwede, ano gagawin natin dito."

She looked at me, teasingly."

"Babe?" I wasn't sure what she was thinking, I wanted to check just the same.

My arms got a slap from her.

"Hoy, Thirdy! What were you thinking, oh my God!"

"What? But we still do it! Kahit medyo madalang na, unlike before but it's still a highlight." I teased her.

I took out a paper and showed her.

"Choose one." I asked her.

She picked a paper and reads - breakfast out.