Decisions...Decisions

Every day has been a struggle for Thirdy and I. With his basketball commitments in Japan and the demands of my job, there will be days when we would just content ourselves with just texting. Their team has made it to the championship.

His family joined him in Japan during the whole course of the championship while I satisfy myself with scrolling through the news and his text. When they came back, Thirdy got some things for Kuya and I which they have asked Tita Mozzy to bring to us.

I still come to the condo every now and then when I am very tired to come home. Finally Dad has come into terms with the grown up me. I would just have to make sure, though, that they know where I am, if I was coming home or not.

"Dad, you don't have to worry. I am either at home with you or at the condo lang." I was convincing him that I can take care of myself.

" Okay, but you still need to let us know where you are because no matter how old you are, I want to know where you are or where you are going."

"Exag naman, Dad. Dapat siguro mag create na ako ng group chat with you and Thirdy." I laughed.

"Take it or take it, Beatriz."

So, what choice do I have? I just came to him and hugged him. 

" I love you, Dad!"

During weekends, we have always made sure that we don't shoot or tape an episode. After doing the taping of the 10th episode of the first season, I made a spur of the moment decision and booked a flight to Japan.

I called Mr. Consunji and told him that I will be going away for the rest of the weekend.

"When are you leaving?"

"Friday morning, sir."

"Oh, alright. Maybe you can do an interview with Thirdy na rin. What do you think?"

I haven't thought about it, but it would be a good idea.

"That would be great, sir! I will just use my Canon to shoot it."

"When are you coming back?"

I haven't even left and I am being asked when I will return.

"Sunday evening, Sir."

I talked with Mom and Dad about my plan, they were okay with it. Mom asked if I wanted her to accompany me.

"I will be fine, Mom. Japan lang un."

"Mag ingat ka!"

"Mom, nag aayos pa lang ako ng gamit. Hindi ba ikaw maghahatid sa akin sa airport pag alis ko?"

"Ah ako ba maghahatid syo?" I think I startled her with that question.

"No one will bring me to the airport, may work sila Kuya nun eh ikaw pwede ka naman hindi magpunta sa store mo."

I also called Dani to get the exact location of Thirdy and asked them not to tell him.

"Wow, Ate nakakainggit naman sana isama mo ako." Dani was obviously teasing me. With their season coming and school and recent leave from  school, she knows she can't afford another visit to Japan.

On the morning of my departure, Tita Mozzy dropped by to ask me to bring some stuff for Thirdy.

"Di pa din ba nya alam that you are going to Japan?" She asked me.

"Not yet, I didn't tell him. Nag text lang po kami kagabi but very brief lang."

While waiting for my flight, Thirdy was calling for Facetime. I rejected the call and sent him a text.

I will call you later, I have a meeting. I love you. Laters.

And I never got a reply. I am sure he is irritated, but the hell I care. I will be with him in a few hours.

I just scrolled through my Socmed accounts, occasional text and call from family and friends. Each time I had to remind them not to tell Thirdy about my surprise.

4+ hours into the flight, I arrived in Japan. The messages started to come in as soon as I turned my phone on and there were a lot but nothing from Thirdy. I was getting worried that he might get mad already,  but I have to make sure that I am properly settled at the hotel first before I call him.

From the airport, I went straight to the hotel that I have reserved for the next 3 days. Then I started calling my boss, Mom and Dad, Kuya, Tita Mozzy and Ate Ly. I texted my friends just to update them that I  have safely arrived and is headed to my hotel room.

I showered first and fixed my things. I called for room service because I was so hungry. 

I called Tita Mozzy to check on Thirdy just to make sure he was not busy or not in training.

He is just in his unit. He said he is just resting.

Perfect!

I called Thirdy when I was done with every tidying up.

T: Babe

B: Hi.

T: Free ka na?

It sounded sarcastic, but I didn't mind.

B: All yours! Facetime?

T: Nah, I am still doing something. Later na lang.

B: Hmm I won't buy that. Nagtatampo ka lang kasi. Come on, facetime with me na.

After a lot of  insisting, he gave in.

I saw his eyes move, looking at every corner of the screen.

T: Where are you?

B: Where you are.

T: You're here?

B: Surprise!

He was laughing and I can see how red he is. 

T: Which hotel are you checked in?

B: Okura.

T: Damn you, Beatriz, stay where you are!

B: I'm not going anywhere, babe.

----------------------------

4 days into my drafts, finally publishing it :)