Two cents worth... A Father's POV

"Dad, I really think you are overreacting." Bea told me.

I mean, shouldn't I be? I guess I was shaken by the fact that she is now a grown up, she is ready to take in suitors. She already has the ability to either get hurt or be hurt. Whichever, I don't want her hurt.

"Sorry, I can't help it. Feeling ko kasi, you are ready and eager to get into a new phase and I guess I was not ready for it. Surely, no father would ever be ready." I explained. "You know, Bea, you might not realize it now, but when you become a parent, the world changes each time your child change but for sure, the love never change."

"Dad, don't you like Thirdy for me?" she said with puppy eyes.

"Are you worried?"

"No naman, I guess. Alam ko naman mahal mo si Thirdy." was her defense.

"Yes, I wouldn't deny. I am very fond of him. He is family."

"So, why are we having this small talk?" she wondered.

"Because I have a feeling that your friendship with Thirdy is going to the next level na."

"Wait, Dad. Just tell me, are you worried? Do you feel bad about it, do you feel disrespected because he decided to court me?"

"No, of course not. Disrespected is a very strong word. I guess, I am thinking about you. I am not upset or perturbed, okay? This is all about you." I explained to her. "I am not mad at Thirdy for making a pass at you, maybe at the back of my head, I wanted you to be with someone like him."

"Dad, chill ka lang, okay? I really, really hope nothing changes while Thirdy is courting me, I want all to be just the same. I will be fine." she assured me.

My baby, all grown up, ready to take on the world.

"Sige magpahinga ka na, and I will sleep na din. Napuyat ako kakahintay sayo.

"I love you, Dad. Like dito, selfie muna tayo." she naughtily said.

And I obliged.

"I love you, Bea, from birth to eternity."

I woke up with a headache probably because I am not really used to staying up really late. When I went down for breakfast, Det was already there with Loel. Bea is probably still asleep.

While preparing to eat, we heard the doorbell, then heard the gate opening. So I went out to check what is going on.

"Sino yan?" I asked our helper.

"Si Manong Bill po."

"Sira ba ung sasakyan ni Bea?"

"Ay diko po alam, sabi lang nya pinapahatid ni Ma'm Bea."

After Bill parked the car, I came up to him.

"Magandang umaga po, sir, pinahatid lang po ni Sir Thirdy ung sasakyan ni Ma'm Bea."

"Sira ba sasakyan nya?"

"Parang wala naman po, naiwan lang po ata ni Ma'm"

"Okay, sige salamat sa paghatid. Kumain ka na ba, pasok ka muna, magbreakfast ka sabay ka sa amin."

"Hindi na po, sir, salamat po. Tutuloy na po ako."

"Sige, Bill, salamat sa paghatid."

I didn't realize that Bea's car was not at home, I think I have been thinking too much about Thirdy courting Bea.

"Why did Bea leave her car in Cainta?" I asked my wife and Loel.

"I think Bea went there yesterday." Loel said.

Before our breakfast was over, Bea came out of her room and joined us. After a few minutes, the doorbell rang again and Thirdy emerged.

"Wow, just in time mga kaganapan dito ah." Loel teased.

"Good morning, Tito Elmer, Tita Det." Thirdy greeted us.

"Good morning, iho. Halika sabayan mo na si Bea magbreakfast." My wife invited him.

He did the fist bump with Loel and gave Bea a tap on her arm.

All eyes were on them, but then again, those were just 3 pairs.

"Tara, Thirds, join me na for breakfast." Bea asked her.

"I'm good. Kain ka lang jan." Thirdy told her.

"So, paano, wala ka na time sa akin, si Bea na priority mo?" Loel asked him.

"Haha saan ba tayo pupunta? Pwede naman kasi kasama si Bea." Thirdy almost pleading with his eyes on Loel.

"Iwan ko muna kayo, I have to check on my car." I interrupted their banters.

"Sige, Dad, convince ko muna si Thirdy na wag isama si Bea." Loel jokingly said.

"Excuse you, Kuya, baka ikaw ang maiwan pag nagkataon." Bea was laughing at her own idea.

While I was in the garage checking on my car,

"Tito Elmer."

Well, I was not expecting him to follow me. Anyway, he has already talked to me about her feelings with Bea.

"Thirdy, nakapag plano na ba kayo for today?" I asked him. I wanted to be as casual as possible.

"I just wanted to make sure you are okay po."

"Okay? Yes, of course I am okay. What do you mean ba? Do you mean about your proposal with Bea last night?"

"Yes, po."

I lead him to the lanai, "lika dito, maupo ka."

I know that this isn't a good time, but I was willing to take advantage of the time that I have now. Maybe the last time I spoke with him about this at the farm was not enough. Or maybe at the back of my mind I was hoping he would not act on his feelings. But then he did.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha bakit ang gulo ng isip ng tatay mo, Bea?

Isang chapter na ang exposure ni Tito Elmer. Any guesses who will be next on the updates?

😁😁😁