❌❌❌❌❌

Ate Ly called and asked me where we were. 

"Nasa condo ako, Ate."

"O kala ko ba pupunta kayo La Union ni Bei?"

"Postponed eh. May trabaho sa Zamboanga pero babalik daw sya ng umaga dito bukas. Balik muna ako sa Cainta." I told her, really dismayed.

"Ah sige, papunta din kami ni Manong dun, dun na tayo magkita."

"Sige, daan lang ako sa LGV. I'll talk with Tito Elmer and Tita Det about my plan, baka sakali matuloy kami bukas.

I went to LGV still hoping that my proposal will push through. I have already dropped the idea of doing it at LU. With the demands of Bea's job, I don't want to compete, but I have to admit I am really hurting. I have played these in my mind a million times already. I was so ready to make future plans with her. She is already 28 and I wanted to make sure that we make her dreams into realization and when I say dreams, I mean all.

As I arrived at LGV, I was welcomed by Loel who I called before coming over. 

"Buti nga tumawag ka muna, bro, paalis sana kami but Dad said we will wait for you. Kelan ba balik ni Bea?" Loel asked me.

"Sabi nya bukas daw ng morning eh."

"O iho, andito ka na pala, halika, umupo ka. Ano ba problema?" Tito Elmer asked.

"Wala naman po. I just wanted to ask your permission. I am ready to propose marriage to Bea. I was supposed to do it today, but something came up."

"What is your plan now?" Tita Det asked.

"I didn't want anything extravagant. We know naman Bea wants everything lowkey. I don't have a solid plan now, but I will let you know. Gusto ko lang hingin ang permiso ninyo."

They all looked at each other and Tito Elmer broke the silence.

"Tututol pa ba kami?

And we all laughed.

I headed to Cainta after. Manong Kief and Ate Ly was already there. Dani, who was in her last year in college has training so I would probably see her at night when she comes home.

I have been checking for Bea's messages, but there was none. I didn't mind. I just didn't initiate sending her a message or calling her. I just wanted her to concentrate with work and come home right away.

On Saturday morning, Dani woke me up for breakfast. I checked my phone, it was 8 am and there was a text from Bea.

I didn't reply

I didn't reply. So it is official that the LU trip is cancelled.

I was really counting on her to be here this morning.

I was just working out the whole morning. In the afternoon I decided to clean my room since it has been a long time since I have occupied this. I threw the things that I no longer need so that I can have more space. Other things and gifts from fans, I have safely kept at the storage along with the souvenirs from Manong and Dani's fans.

By 6 in the evening I started calling friends, Matt Isaac and Anton. I asked them if they wanted to go somewhere tonight. Isaac and Matt plays with me in the pro league so I know that they will be available, unfortunately, I only got the nod from Anton.

"Pero, bro, hindi ako magtatagal. Pag tumawag na si Mikki aalis na ako, magpapasundo un." Anton warned me.

"Sige, okay lang. Boring kasi wala magawa."

I told him to meet me at Prime Upscale.

"Sure ka?" Anton asked me.

"Oo bakit, okay naman vibe dun ah?"

"When was the last you were there? The place is bad news, pre." Anton warned me.

"Okay dun, pre, tara na." I insisted.

I know the place. Our coach would sometimes take us there to unwind pag matagal pa ang game sched namin.

Despite his protest, I met Anton outside the bar and I lead him to the inside of the bar.

"Final answer na 'to, pre?" Anton made sure.

I was bothered why Anton seems to get out of this place.

"Kulit mo, Anton, tara na sa loob."

After our orders came, Anton started interrogating me.

"Bakit ba bigla ka nag aya, asan si Bea?"

"Work." I told him.

"Pero alam ba nya na umalis ka?" Anto finally asked.

"No."

We had a drinking-bouts that I was starting get  dizzy.

"Pre, susunduin ko na si Mikki, tara na."

"Sige, dito na lang muna ako, mauna ka na, ingat ka."

"Magpapaiwan ka pa? Eh mukha ngang di mo na kaya magdrive." Anton was insisting that I go home.

"Go ahead, uwi na din ako maya maya. I will be fine."

After a lot of prodding, he finally gave in and left me there. I ordered more beers, I just don't want to remember my failed plan, it was so disappointing.

I don't want to blame Bea, it's her job, but replaying that last conversation I had with her definitely hit me. Why can't I be more important than her job just this time.

I requested for my bill, I was ready to go home, my mind was spinning.

I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Thirds! Oh my god, are you alone? I'm taking you home."