👦💙👩 🏠

She seemed amused. It was late at night, almost midnight and it was a good thing that her Dad allowed me to take her out even this late.

On our way to our destination, she asked me if I wanted to hear the bad news.

"Sige lang, if you are ready to tell me."

"Kasi diba I will have a new show na, eh I have brainstorming and contract signing tomorrow morning?" She started.

I think I already have an idea.

"Okaaaaay. Does that mean hindi mo na ako mahahatid sa airport?"

"Kinda." She said. I see her pouting from my peripherals.

I looked at her.

"Don't act cute on me, Miss."

"Babe, sorry. Do you want me not to come na lang sa brainstorming or maybe ask them to reschedule?"

"Hell, no. I was just joking. Hindi problema kung hindi mo ako mahahatid. You have a career to think about, too, so I am just here to support you even if I am far, okay?"

She has always supported me and my career. When I decided to play as an import in Japan, she never, even once, convinced me to ditch the idea and play here instead. She knows that it has always been my dream. And I want her to have a life of her own, too. I didn't want to stop her growth and her dreams while I fulfill mine. Suffocating her was not part of the plan, she deserves only the best, all the time.

It took us a little more than 30 minutes to arrive at the condo, where my surprise awaits.

"Why are you taking me here?"

"This is my surprise?" And I showed her the key.

"You got this and didn't even tell me about it? You're so daya, sir."

"Come inside and take a look."

She looked amazed.

Ate Ly and Mama helped me fill this unit with the furnitures.

"So?" I asked her.

She checked every piece, the room, the bedding. Everything in the kitchen, she made sure there were placemats, coasters, glasses, cutlery, plates, everything. She looked excited.

"But you're leaving na." She faced me after her inspection.

"You can stay here while I am away. This is just a few meters away from your office so if you're tamad to come home, you can stay here."

"Right! But I will be alone."

"Un lang. But, really, I would rather that you stay at LGV while I am in Japan." I told her, which I think is just fair. I really don't want to impose that she stays here. "Oh I forgot, we have food, wait I will get it lang."

After eating, we sat on the couch, talking about what other things we will need for the condo then I took a shower.

When I went out, she was cleaning up the mess, even when I attempted to stop her, she wouldn't.

"Would you like to live here with the ants and cockroaches?" She asked me,  irritated at the thought and I smiled. I remember how she would complain about Tita Det being a neat freak,  but look at her now.

"Tara na matulog na tayo, you have already cleaned the kitchen."

"What?"

She didn't know I already have some of her clothes inside the cabinet.

"Matulog, ayaw mo ba?"

" You talked to Dad about this?" She asked.

"Syempre. And you have extra clothes inside the cabinet. I think I have everything you need on there except for your nightly face routines, I didn't bring any."

"It's okay, I will just wash my face. Do I have towels here, too?"

"Everything as in everything that you need, basics, though."

She checks what was inside the cabinet. There isn't much, but maybe she wanted to check what I  brought.

"You don't have any office clothes for me?" She asked, looking at me, annoyed.

"I didn't know what you need. But it's okay because I will take you home before I leave alangan naman iwan kita dito."

"Fine, if you say so. I will shower lang."

She came out of the bathroom already dressed in her PJs. I was still sitting on the couch. She sat beside me.

"Thirds."

"Ano?"

"How did you survive in Japan?"

"Pinag ppractisan mo lang ata ako eh." I joked.

"Kapal mo, of course not. I wanted to know syempre. I mean, we do facetime but you never complained even once or even mentioned that you are homesick."

"Ilang beses na ba nagpunta sila Mama dun, para lang ako nagrent ng condo tapos binibisita nila ako. Ikaw nga hindi mo pa ako binisita eh."

"Tampo ka na nyan? I promised you diba, soon, I will visit you there and you will take me to places na hindi ko pa napuntahan."

"Easy. Madami na ako naka lineup syo sa mga probinsya ng Japan."

"Hindi ba tayo matutulog? OMG I will have eyebags na when I sign the contract baka may papicture taking pa sila."

"Hindi mo na nga ako ihahatid, spend the remaining hours with me na."

"O eh ano gagawin natin? Play a game na naman?"

"Pwede naman tayo magkwentuhan lang. Parang hindi naman kita nasawaan sa bakasyon na ito. It's either you have work or I have an interview."

I stood up and took a wine from the cupboard, sliced some cheese along with it and glasses.

"Can you play a song, wag mo lakasan ha. Ay ako na lang pala, I still don't like your hype songs."

She took out her phone and played her favorite playlist.

She stood up, "dance with me, Thirds."

I obliged. I took her hand, placed it around my neck. My arms I placed on her waist.

"I'm gonna miss you when you're gone again," she started. "I could only wish you to stay with me, but I won't do that."

"Would you like me to stay?"

"Would you like to?" She asked. "But no, I won't stop you from chasing your dreams, babe. I am so proud of you. Always."

She unlocked herself from the embrace, I just stared at her,  looking at this woman I have loved and will always love. What I would give up everything just for this woman.

I smiled and went closer to her, brushing my lips with hers. I started to kiss her, much deeper than just the meeting of our lips.

I cupped her face, her hands feeling the muscles on my arms, rubbing them as gently and softly as she can.

We were kissing heavily, but tenderly. I felt so much love.

My hands travel all over her body, slowly. It was like I have wanted them there for a long time.

A moment more of this heavy petting.

I started to unbutton her top which was part of her PJs. She slowly pulled to remove my shirt.

Then her phone rang.