Getting my act right

After class, I went to LGV. Loel said that Bea was not home and might be the right time to plan how all this courting thing can happen.  Good thing, too, that Tita Det is at home I can talk to her about my plan to court Bea.

Loel didn't know where Bea went so I asked him to call her.

"I don't want Bea to think about us being together here. Goodness, I can't even get myself to hug you anymore." I told Loel.

"Hello, Bea." Loel called her. "Where are you?"

"Oh, wala naman, just checking up on you. What time will you be home?"

"Sige, ingat pag uwi and enjoy your time with Dani. Kiss her for me, okay?"

"Okay, we are safe. Bea is with Dani, sa bahay lang daw sila."

"Andun lang pala un? Walanghiya, itong si Dani, she didn't tell me." 

"Wag ka na magalit, arte mo. So now we can plan." Loel said.

"Wait, where is Tita Det ba? Pre, seryoso, kanina pa ako kinakabahan dito eh." 

Loel told me about the conversation of Tito Elmer and Tita Det he overheard and I feel na nagtatampo si Tita Det because I never said anything to her about it.

"Talaga ba, bro. Kay Dad di ka natakot?" he was teasing.

"Naku, Loel, can you please? Idadagdag mo pa talaga yan sa iisipin ko?"

Loel and I were at the  lanai playing mobile games when Tita Det appeared with merienda.

"Merienda muna boys, kanina pa kayo naglalaro." Tita Det motioned us to take our merienda. "Seriously, Loel, you didn't report for work just to play?"

"No, Mom. I have plans today, a better one." Loel motioned her Mom to occupy one of the seats. "Come and sit with us, you have to help us with something."

"Ano naman ang project nyong magkaibigan?" she wondered.

"Thirds, that's your cue." Loel announced.

"Oo nga pala, Thirdy,  before I forget, alam mo may tampo ako syo."

And I looked at Loel, he was just smiling at me. 

" Is that true? Your Tito Elmer said you confessed to him that you like Bea?" she started.

I am glad in a way that she initiated it because I wouldn't know how I will do it.

"I am sorry, Tita if I didn't tell you at a much earlier time. It was just a decision I made very quickly when I told Loel and I felt I was already running out of time since Bea has already been going out with AJ a couple of time." I explained to her.

"So, do you feel threatened?"

"I guess, I do." Just realizing about how Bea is enjoying her time with AJ, it was too much. "Kaya, Tita, I was planning to take her out sana this weekend. I want her to see me more than just Loel's best friend or their childhood friend."

"What can I do pa nga ba? My heart is not just totally into this plan because what if this didn't work?"

"Mom, wala pa nga, negative na agad?" Loel asked. "Let's have faith in them. Pag si Bea na mismo ang umayaw then we can let this whole idea go."

I smiled at Loel. Don't you think I have the biggest supporter in the entire universe?

"Have you asked Bea na ba?" Tita Det asked.

"Not yet, Tita. I was waiting until I was able to tell you about it."

"Sige, bahala na kayo jan. But Thirdy, I am telling you ha, you have to take care of her na talaga if ever."

After the conversation I had with Tita Det, I felt my phone vibrating from my back pocket.

It was Dani.

"Kuya!"

"What? Akala ko ba kasama mo si Bea?"

"Yes, she is here, kausap sya ni Mama, sabi ko may kukunin lang ako sa kitchen eh."

"Tumatawa ka ba?" I was definitely sure that she was not crying, but why is she even laughing?

"Alam mo ba na iniisip ni Ate Bei na may gusto ka kay Kuya Loel?" she was giggling from the other line non stop. From the phone line,  I can imagine Dani almost dying of laughter.

"Para kang tanga, Dani. Ano sabi mo?"

"Syempre hindi ako naniniwala because I know you have eyes only for my Ate Bea."

"Hay, sige na. Don't leave her and make sure she forgets that impression. Grabe un."

It was almost dinner time and Dani has texted me that Bea is on her way home. I started collecting my things so I can leave.

Bea came just in time as I was on my way out of their house.

"Kanina ka pa?" she asked me.

"Medyo. I was here na after class." I told her.

"You don't have practice?"

"No. But we have to be early tomorrow."

"Okay. Pauwi ka na ba?"

"Yes, why? I can still stay, you just have to ask." I teased her.

She laughed, "neknek mo!" she was clearly annoyed.

"Ah Bei, roadtrip tayo sa Saturday." I invited her.

"You don't have practice?"

"Bakit ba kanina ka pa nagtatanong about practice. Ayaw mo ba?"

"Gusto syempre. I can't wait for you to update me with your "new" life."

And that really confused me. I wondered what happened at home for her to think of that new life she was referring to.

"Sure yan, ha? Umalis tayo ng maaga para makabalik din tayo."

"Alright. Ingat pag uwi, Thirds."

I started walking towards my car, thinking, I am going to make it right, Bea.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The shortest part, I guess. Thank you to those people who voted for each chapter, I couldn't thank you enough. See you guys in the next chapter. Let's see if I can afford another chapter before the day ends.