Road trip

I woke up early, Thirdy said he will pick me up at 6 in the morning. I started to prepare and pack some things just in case he comes up with something like running. Being an athlete, I am sure he would like us to be doing some activity. I hate exercising, I don't like being rough, I have always been the girly type. Probably the reason why I don't have a sport except golf which I enjoy doing with Dad and Kuya. Thirdy joins us when it is his break from UAAP games or practices.

I went down for breakfast, Mom and Dad were already there because they plan to spend the weekend at the farm.

"Good morning, Mom, Dad."

"You're early on a weekend. Where are you headed to?" Dad asked.

"Road trip lang with Thirdy."

I noticed Mom and Dad look at each other.

"Why? Is something wrong?" I asked them. Because the last time I checked, going out with Thirdy is just like any ordinary day.

"Wala naman. Matagal na kasi kayo hindi umaalis. Si Aj, parang hindi ko na sya nakikita?" Mom asked.

"I told him to stop courting me na muna."

While we were talking, I texted Thirdy because I am ready and he is not texting me yet.

"Thirds, I am ready, what time are you picking me up?"

After a while, Kuya has joined us for breakfast, ready to go to work.

"Aga mo, Bei. Where are you going?"

"Thirdy didn't tell you? We are going on a road trip."

"Talaga ba? What time? And no, I think he got too excited to even tell us." Kuya was smiling, like a tease.

I was already waiting for an hour and there is still no text from Thirdy. I decided to call him and it was just ringing.

I was left in the house with the helpers. Mom and Dad and Kuya have already left. I decided to just go to Cainta.

I sent a message to Thirdy again.

"You are so tagal. I am coming to get you, don't move."

Yaya Mags were outside when I arrived, she was cleaning the front yard.

"Yaya, si Thirdy po?" I asked her.

"Ay parang nasa kwarto pa nya, anak. Puntahan mo na lang doon."

"Tulog pa po?" I wondered. 

"Oo, hindi pa sya bumaba. Pero anjan sila Mama nya sa dining, kumakain. Pasok ka na" She said.

So I went inside and found Tito Bong, Tita Mozzy and Dani having breakfast. Thirdy was nowhere in sight.

"Ate Bei!" Dani almost jumped at me. "What are you doing here?"

"Hi, Bea, lika upo ka dito, kumain ka na ba?" Tito Bong offered me to join them.

"Tapos na po, Tito."

I went near them and did my respect ritual of pagmamano.

"Maghahang out ba tayo ulit, Ate?" Dani excitedly asks.

" Sorry, Danyot, I was supposed to go out with Thirdy."

"Ay, tulog pa sya, akyatin mo na lang." Tito Bong said.

And even before I can move, Tita Mozzy seemed to stop  me and said,

"Upo ka na lang dito, ako na gigising sa kanya." she said.