1 year...2 promotions...

By Tuesday, we have already bagged the championship. Bea was anchoring the game with another commentator. There was celebration after, all was well.

Thursday of the same week, I was eager to make reservations for our mini vacation at LU, mini because it will just be brief. Maybe we can plan something better the next time, though I know it will take me some time to convince Bea to take another leave at work. But Bea wants it like a spur of the moment thingy. She has always preferred impromptu dates and what-have-yous probably because her job can be demanding at times.

She was busy during the week. She has to work on the proposals for some of the shows that she has in mind, making them into realization, schedule and planning and deciding who will host the shows.

While my season is over, left with nothing to do, I called Ate Ly to help with something really important.

T: Ate Ly, where are you?

A: Sa condo lang, why? Wala si Manong eh.

T: Favor naman, I need you to help me with something.

A: Sige, wala naman ako ginagawa.

T: Punta ako dyan, Huwag ka aalis.

A: Sige. Ingat.

When I arrived at their condo, I told her my plan.

"I am thinking of proposing na." I told Ate Ly straightforwardly.

She seemed thrilled with the idea.

"When are you going to do it? Naisip mo na ba how it will be done?"

"We are going to LU for the weekend, baka tomorrow pwede na kami umalis that's why I wanted to ask you sana to help me find the perfect ring for her. Mas alam mo what she wants, diba?"

"Hay, Thirds, kinikilig naman ako. Finally!"

"Pero gusto ko intimate lang, like, dalawa lang kami talaga." I warned her.

Ate Ly accompanied me and we went to Tiffany's. There were so many to choose from until I found this perfect solitaire ring. I just can imagine how perfect this would look at her ring finger.

After the purchase, we had a meal. I told Ate Ly how I am thinking I would be doing it. Nothing fancy, no frills.

"Napaka unromatic naman ata nun, Thirdy. Parang walang spark." Ate Ly was laughing at my idea.

"Gusto kasi ni Bea chill na vacation so paano ko aayusin un if nasa LU kaming dalawa lang."

"Sa palagay mo ba okay lang kay Bei yang plan mo?"

"Ako na bahala, tatamisan ko na lang. Besides, ako lang sapat na sa kanya."

Ate Ly was laughing at me.

When I went back to the condo, I started fixing my things. Bea said we can leave the morning of Friday. Since she was claiming that I am like a turtle, I decided to impress her by making sure that my things are already ready so I can help her pack her things when she comes home.

When she came home from work, she already got our food because she said since we will be leaving very early in the morning, we can't afford to leave the house messy.

After we have eaten dinner, I helped her pack her clothes.

"Excited ka talaga magbakasyon noh?" She said

"Syempre naman. Finally, makakapagbakasyon din tayong dalawa so tell me why shouldn't I be excited?"

"And in fairness, your things all all ready to go, huh."

I am glad that made her smile. During the past years, she would really be exasperated that I can be lazy to move half the time.

In no time, we were all ready to leave the next day. The unit was spic and span, it was immaculately clean, the garbage has been collected by the maintenance, our bags have already been placed outside the room. Everything was all set. Time for bed.

We were half planning on what to do while we are there.

"Para namang first time natin dun, Babe, " She complained. " We have practically memorized what we can do and have tried all the possible amenities and tours available."

"Oh eh bakit ka nag agree na mag LU tayo."

"Because you wanted. The past conference has been tough for you, you deserve it." She told me.

"You deserve it, too, babe. You have been working your ass off na parang ang dami mong binubuhay."

Which was true. She is very career driven, she makes sure that everything is in order. And it could probably be the reason why she has been getting this promotion in a span of 1 year.

I noticed Bea was not beside me as I rolled over to her side of the bed. The door was slightly open. I sat on the bed to check where she is. I heard her speaking with someone over the phone, almost whispering, it seems that she was having an argument with somebody.

I went out of the room and went to where she was standing. I came to her, she looked distraught. I massaged her shoulders, she took my hand and held it.

"Okay." I heard her say and ended the call.

"Natulog ka na?" I asked her.

"Yes, but the network called and I had to take it. Thirds?"

"Babe?"

"We would have to cancel LU for now?"

"Why?"

" I need to go to Zamboanga for work, but I will be back tomorrow morning, promise."

"You said that I'd get to have you all weekend. Why can't you just tell them you can't go?" I was almost begging.

"Because it's my job, and it's important."

"And I'm not?"

She didn't say a word.

I was upset.

In the morning, I felt her move. I stayed in bed the whole time. She didn't try to wake me up anymore. I can hear her phone ring countless times. She kissed me on the my forehead and heard her say "i love you, I will be back before you know it, sorry."

Then I heard the door close. I opened my eyes, took the ring from the side table that I was supposed to give her as I propose to her.

 I opened my eyes, took the ring from the side table that I was supposed to give her as I propose to her

She said she will be back the next day. Guess this will have to wait.