ThirBea FTW

"Take my hand." I told Thirdy as we entered the house.

His hands were cold and I couldn't stop my laughter.

"Are you sure you want to do this today?" I asked him.

"Yes! This is long overdue, babe."

Kuya welcomed us as we made our way inside the house. He looked surprised.

"So, may dala ba kayong good news?" He asked looking at us.

"Where's Mom and Dad ba?"  I asked him.

"Upstairs, puntahan mo na lang." He looked at Thirdy after, "nakakabwisit ngiti mo, bro, ang saya saya mo!"

Thirdy just shrugged, not saying anything.

I went upstairs and went straight to Mom and Dad's room.

"Mom, Dad." I started as I sat on the edge of the bed, "Thirdy is downstair..."

"Bea.." Mom cut me off. She was looking at my hand, or was it my ring she was looking at.

"Mom?"

"Is that an engagement ring on your finger?"

Dad immediately came up to me and held the hand that has my engagement ring.

"You're engaged? When?" Dad asked.

"Ahm just today, at the restaurant. Thirdy came alone and obviously, I said yes."

I couldn't tell if they were okay with this or what. I was getting mixed signals from both of them.

"Tara na sa baba." Dad finally said.

Thirdy was with Kuya downstairs, they were just talking. Thirdy immediately stood up as soon as he realized Mom and Dad were about to join them. He showed his respects and Dad just patted his shoulders.

"Buti napadalaw ka, Thirdy." Mom greeted Thirdy. 

It has been a long time since Thirdy came here at the house. If I remember it right, it was when he made amends when he was last here. He would still play with Kuya but often they would meet outside. 

"Opo, medyo madami din kasi ginagawa ngayon. Actually, I am here kasi po I asked Bea to marry me earlier today."

"So, we were told." Dad told him.

Well, Dad was smiling when he said that, but it sounded sarcastic.

"Dad." I was supposed to say something, but my Dad just talked.

"Thirdy, are you already sure about marrying Beatriz? You must know, the heartache she had was very traumatic for us, her especially."

"Dad..."

"I understand where you are coming from Tito. If the past didn't happen, I am sure hindi pamamanhikan ang nangyayari ngayon."

Dad must have understood what he meant at that point.

"So, ano na napagusapan nyo?" Dad asked Thirdy.

"Tito, we are pressed for time, in so many things. I want the wedding to happen as soon as possible. Baka pwede po formally mamanhikan kami tomorrow?" Thirdy finally said without breaking a sentence, he just went on and said his piece without taking an air.

"That fast?" Mom was suprised.

--------------------

True to Thirdy's words, his family and him joined us for lunch for the traditional pamamanhikan. Dad and Tito Bong was still getting in touch even after what happened between Thirdy and I so this was not an awkward event for them.

We have discussed everything about how Thirdy and I plan on getting on with the wedding. The sponsors and the entourage, the church and the reception. We have already tapped a friend to be our wedding coordinator. We are doing this is in a haste and we wouldn't have enough time if it will just be me and Thirdy who will be working on it.

"Let's just do a Despedida de Soltero y Soltera."  My mom suggested, "para hindi na magahol sa oras if we can squeeze it."

"Ay oo nga, that's a very good idea, Det." Tita Mozzy agreed. 

"We can have it here at home na lang para hindi hassle." Dad suggested. "Regalo na namin kay Thirdy and Bea. Kami na bahala."

"Ay, we can help na with that para off the list na un." Tito Mozzy was quick to offer help.

"Naku, this is going to be fun." The adults seemed to agree with this when Mom said it.

------------------------------------------

The invitations were all given, we prioritized the Pre Wedding party followed by the Save the Date invites and then after a few days the Wedding invitation was sent out. We had to rush the dresses and the gowns so we had to work with about 3 couturiers, one for my gown and the other 2 for the Sponsor's dresses.  With so little time that we have, we have to keep moving. Good thing I was allowed to take a leave at work with occasional calls from them for consultation and whenever I can, I drop by for paper works. With Thirdy out for a conference, things was done much faster.

We have already chosen the church and the venue, we have discussed the particulars with them and how we would like them done. 3 days before the wedding, everything was set, what an achievement!

 3 days before the wedding, everything was set, what an achievement!