Wedding Day

It's the night before the wedding, I can't sleep, looking at the ceiling, thinking. I can't believe that this is actually happening. My thoughts went to that moment of the engagement party. I kept on looking at my phone, checking the time. I was getting annoyed at how much I needed to sleep but can't. I bet Thirdy must have been very much asleep by now.

I looked at the clock. 2:00am and the wedding is set at 9am. I just keep on turning. I tried to open my sleep app, just so I can help my mind relax.

It might be because I'm not sleeping in my own bed. The hotel's vibe is different today. I feel cold, but was too lazy to move and get the remote and turn down the aircon's temperature.

After so much tossing and turning, I didn't notice, I had dozed off to a deep slumber.

I woke up to a gentle tap on my arms.

"Bea" I heard mom say. " It is already 6:30 in the morning, time for some breakfast. Aayusan ka pa, baka naman ikaw pa ang malate sa kasal."

Rubbing my eyes, "Yes, mom, thanks for waking me up." I looked around and asked  mom, 

" Where is Kuya?"

"Syempre dun sila sya sa mga boys. He said he will be helping Thirdy daw."

"How sweet. Si Kuya talaga, he never changed where Thirdy is concerned. Mahal na mahal pa din nya."

"Bei, Thirdy is family and you know that. Magkasama na sila mga bata pa kayo. Whatever happened in the past, I am sure your Kuya has moved on from that." My mom said.

We opted for food service at the hotel room. Mom and I sharing breakfast and one by one, my friends started coming in.

"At dito ka pala nagbreakfast, hinahanap ka namin sa baba." My bestfriend, Jhoanna said.

"Yes, medyo nahirapan ako matulog last night. I'm too lazy na to go down." I said.

"Hmm, thinking about something, friend?" Maddie teased.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I asked her, confused.

My mom was just smiling from the side, checking on my gown.

A few minutes later, the makeup artist came.

"Good morning, Ma'm Bea, game na ba tayo?"

"Good morning, Christine. Yes, ready na ako. You will set my hair pa naman, diba?"

So everything was set, Christine had 2 more makeup artists with her to do my hair and makeup plus mom, my friends, Jhoanna, Maddie, and Kat.

I received text from other friends, confirming that I am already preparing. I also received a good morning text from Thirdy.

T:  Good morning, Bei. Ready ka na?

B: Not yet, di pa tapos makeup ko :)

T: Baka naman malate ka pa nyan?

B: Says who? Last time I checked, you were the pagong. Chill ka lang, Thirds, I will be there.

T: I know. I never doubted you, anyways haha.

B: I wanted you to see how you broke my heart haha just kidding, though. But I am really happy for you.

T: I wish I can say that I am happy for myself, too, but maybe in time pag ikaw na ang kasama ko.

B: Stop, Thirds. I will see you at the church. Make me proud and be the best you can be. I have mom and dad's gift for you and Julia.

I looked at the present on the bed.

T: I will try, Bei. You know it will always be you.

B: Shut up now or I won't attend your wedding.

Then we heard a knock on the door. Almost all were ready. Finishing touches were being applied to me and then I will be all set.

"Good morning, Mozzy. Napadaan ka?" Mom asked.

"I just wanted to make sure you guys are ready. Ready na kami, Dani is very excited to see Bea." 

I stood up to greet Thirdy's mom, Tita Mozzy.

"Good morning po. Kakatapos ko lang. Paalis na po ba kayo?" I asked her.

"Yes, Dani just asked me to check up on you, girls." Tita Mozzy replied.

"We will be leaving in a few, Tita, we will see you at the church" Kat said.

Before leaving, Tita Mozzy turned and look at me one last time.

"You look very pretty, Bea. You are even prettier in that gown, if only things were different." Tita Mozzy said.

"Syempre mana sa akin" Mom teased and I just chuckled.

I saw  tears fell from Tita Mozzy's eye.

"I miss you, Bea, we all do. If we were just in a different situation, noh?  I will go ahead na. I will see you. Mag ingat kayo." Tita Mozzy reminded us.

The wedding was set at Santuario de San Jose Parish. The ambience, the design, everything was just perfect even the weather. I looked at each and every people coming in, the guests, their friends, familiar faces.

It was already 9am and the OIC has already advised them to get ready. And there I saw Thirdy. Looking dapper as ever, he winked at me and I just smiled back.  Kuya Loel went to me and gave me a kiss.

The wedding march has started, starting with the Primary sponsors, followed by the groom and the best man, Bridesmaids and ushers walk in pairs, Maid of honor, ring bearer, coin bearer, Bible bearer and the flower girls.

Everything was organized, it went well, even during the last night of the rehearsal. All was very peaceful. And then, a different tune played. Julia is being prepared for her grand entrance. Everyone looking the other way, the door that will reveal the bride's appearance. The music played. Julia standing at the church's entrance, preparing to step in, walking cautiously. Thirdy's tears falling as he looks as the bride makes her entrance. The guest's excited faces clearly showing, everyone with so much love on their faces.

And then Julia stopped.

The music still playing, but tenderly now, softer.

Everyone was waiting for Julia's next step nearing to where her groom is waiting.

She bowed her head, tears falling uncontrollably.

Unveiled herself and said, "I am sorry" and ran going out of the church.

Everybody was dumbfounded at the scene. Nobody was able to move. No one was able to run after the bride, she was able to escape right away, a car was waiting.

Thirdy was quick to look at my direction.

What?  I mouthed at him.

I was torn between telling him to run after her or let her go.

He just shrugged and walked past everyone, on his way out of the church, Manong and Kuya followed him.