Engagement party, whomst?

It has been chaos at home since Kuya Thirdy's wedding with Julia was planned. I would often lock myself inside the room crying or stay at the dorm in Ateneo with Ate Deanna. The people around me has been very toxic.

One weekend, I woke up hearing Kuya's voice.

"Who told you you can stay at the condo? Dinungisan mo na nga gusto mo ba idikit lahat ng dumi dun! Get all your things there, I am selling the condo unit!" I heard him.

I peeped through the door and saw who he was talking to. 

Julia.

"So after we get married, where are we going to live?" I heard Julia ask him.

"Seriously, Julia? Papakasalan na nga kita, aakuin ko na yang bata sa tyan mo, gusto mo kasama pa din ako sa bahay? You still expect me to provide shelter for you? What kind of monster are you?"

I went out of the room. Obviously, Mama and Papa were not at home or this wouldn't be happening.

"What's going on, Kuya, ang aga aga. It's the weekend. What happened to chill, positive vibe, gv weekend that we always have."

"That's gone, Dani and it will never happen hanggang itong babae na ito," he was pointing at Julia "sabit ng sabit sa kung saan ako andun."

"Ahmm Julia, tara labas muna tayo. Kuya go inside your room."

"Can you convince that witch, Dani, please lang? And then can you call Bea, tell her I want to see her?"

I looked at Julia, she was red with tears. I had mixed emotions. I don't know if I should pity her or what.

I led her outside near the garage.

"Dans, please naman, help me convince your kuya." She said, out of nowhere.

I was taken aback. She called me Dans as if we are close and she held me in my arm.

"It's Dani, not Dans, Julia." I told her as I pull my arm away from her.

"I'm sorry, Dani. I really want to make this work para sa baby namin."

"Okay, listen, Julia. I honestly get your point that you wanted everything in its proper place pero kasi, hellooo, lumang tugtugin na ung magpapakasal kayo just because he got you pregnant. Have you even realized na hindi ka talaga mahal ni Kuya?"

"But I can make it happen diba? Why don't you tell me what he likes and dislikes, everything about him." She was hopeless.

"To be honest,  I am not sure you can make Kuya change his mind. All his life it has been Ate Bea."

"What if I talk to Bea?" 

Wow, that was awkward. Is she really thinking Ate Bea will be part of all these?

"Don't ever meddle! You have scarred her for life, bail her out of this mess!"

"God, I don't believe this family, it's all about Bea, Bea, Bea! "

She hurriedly went inside and straight to Kuya's room. I was right in time to stop her when she was about to turn the knob.

"Please!" I asked her.

Kuya might have heard us because he opened the door.

"You want to go inside my room, Julia?" He asked her. I was just looking at her.

"Well, you're going to be my husband and you don't want me to live in your condo, baka dito sa room mo ako patulugin. Maybe I should get comfortable, right?"

"Help yourself then."

I know what Kuya was thinking, I didn't try to stop him. She let Julia inside his room only to find it filled with his and Ate Bea's pictures.

Julia took a deep breath.

"Okay! You are marrying me in less than 2 weeks. You have all 2 weeks to throw all this trash inside your room!"

"I can throw you out now."

I laughed at Kuya's statement.

"I'm telling you, Thirdy, pag may nangyari sa anak natin, I will never forgive you!"

And she left.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The engagement party happened. It was attended, mostly by Julia's friends and family.

I was outside with Ate Maddie and Ate Jho.

"Sinabi nya darating sya?" Ate Jho asked me.

"Tinawagan sila ni Kuya Thirdy eh, sabi daw ni Kuya Loel try daw nila ni Ate Bea." I told them.

"Angas ni Beatriz ah, nababaliw na ba un. Para nyang sinugatan ung sarili nya tapos nilagyan ng maraming asin tsaka nilinis ng alcohol." That was Ate Maddie.

I didn't want to stay inside, the ambience was definitely not something I imagined, it felt suffocating.

After a few minutes, we recognized Kuya Loel's car.

The door on the passenger side opened and right then we knew, Ate Bea came. She was welcomed by Ate Maddie and Ate Jho.

"Bhe, sigurado ka na dito?"

"I will be fine, relax lang kayo."

Ate Bea hugged me and  Ate Maddie. Kuya Loel just pressed my shoulder, definitely showing being uncomfortable.

"Where's Kat?" She asked.

"Nasa loob na Ate, kasama si Kuya Bacon and Kuya Thirdy."

"Tara pasok tayo sa loob, Danyot." I felt her cold hand, I knew she was putting up a front but she is still as lovely as ever.

"Ate," I stopped her. "Sigurado ka ba gusto mo dito? Kahit dito na lang tayo sa labas, maglalabas na lang ako ng pagkain natin and drinks?"

She smiled half heartedly, "oo naman. Tara na, babati lang ako kanila Tito Bong and Tita Mozzy."

As we entered the house, everybody was looking at us. When Kuya saw her, he immediately stood up and help and ushered her to where Mama and Papa was.

"Bea! It's nice to see you again!" Mama said.

"It's always nice to be here sa bahay nyo. Thank you for inviting Kuya and I." She cordially said, very professional. I was thinking, she is really very impressive with people. She was just smiling the whole time.

While Ate Bea and Kuya Loel were getting foods from the table, I saw Julia pull Kuya away. I just looked at them and helped Ate Bea.

Julia was so annoyed, Kuya kept following and ushering Ate Bea the entire time. He was so busy assisting Ate Bea even if Kuya Loel has reminded him that they will be okay.

I wonder how marriage life will be for Kuya and Julia...

---------------------------------------------

Mamaya ulit?