My Last Year

(A/N: Fast Forward to Bea's last year in college)

Time has flown so fast, I will be graduating already in a few weeks. Dani has been doing well playing volleyball with my friends and her teammates. Thirdy has been coming in and out of the country for basketball leagues. He has been drafted to play abroad numerous times, but we were able to brave that separation. 

I really thank the technology because it bridges that distance between me and him. He would be gone for a few months while I was busy with school and CSR engagements.

I was assigned to the AWVT on my last year. I don't know if Thirdy has something to do with that, but I was surprised when I was advised that I will be moved to the AWVT. And during one of their championship games, I was able to interview Dani being the Best Player of the game. I was more comfortable now in front of the camera. 

It was definitely a roller coaster experience, with so many things to juggle with but every bit of it was worth it

It was definitely a roller coaster experience, with so many things to juggle with but every bit of it was worth it. I still have my friends with me, Twitter peeps are still tagging me whenever it is about Thirdy. All in all, it has been a good year for both Thirdy and me.

He was out of the country on the day of my graduation, but he surprised me during my graduation dinner at home. From the airport, Manong picked him up and brought him at home. Luckily, he didn't have a game on that day, but he would have to leave very early in the morning the following day to go back to Japan where his basketball commitment waits.

On the night before our anniversary, Maddie came to see me

On the night before our anniversary, Maddie came to see me. She just came unannounced.

"Paano kung wala ako?" I asked her.

"Sorry na pero wala na talaga ako alam na pupuntahan ko, sige na please, ngayon lang naman, samahan mo na ako, masama talaga loob ko." She told me crying.

She was heartbroken, she was thinking that Zolo didn't have time for her, but has been going out with friends.

"Sige na, sasamahan na kita but I have to text Thirdy first. Sabi ko I will rest today because Thirdy will be coming home tomorrow."

Is your training done for the day?

Yes, I will just take a shower so I can leave. I still have to prepare my things to bring.

Maddie is here, I will just accompany her, masama loob.

Mag iinuman kayo?

Probably pero we will have dinner at Broken Oven first, then maybe I can take her to Barcino after.

Alam mo na yan, babe. You have to look out for each other wala ako dyan.

Yes, don't worry, I got this.

Luckily, it was not hard to get Thirdy's permission on this since he knows Maddie. I asked permission from Dad and Mom.

"Umuwi ng maaga ha, hindi umaga." Mom reminded me.

Even after I graduated from college, they still don't allow me to be staying out late or I can get grounded. The last time it happened to me was months before my graduation. Good thing, I was just grounded for 2 days, that's the weekend.

"Yes, Mom. Never forget." I told her.

So I invited Maddie for dinner first because I am sure she will be drinking heavily. I don't really understand what her problem is when she has not even discussed this with Zolo. They just had a fight and that was it. I remember Van and Julia, time was their problem, too, but look at Thirdy and I. I guess, I will never understand why relationships have bumps just because your partner doesn't give you the kind of time that you want.

She blabbermouthed each and every detail, nonstop. Thirdy keeps tabs on what is going on, so I had to report to him every single detail. 

"Are you contented with the time Thirdy gives you?" She asked me from out of nowhere.

"Wait, bakit ako?" I asked her, confused.

"Because you don't understand why I am mad that Zolo seems to be taking me for granted." Maddie reasoned out.

"Mads, listen. Both Thirdy and I have separate lives. He has his career playing basketball and I have my own as a sports reporter. You are busy with training and games, too." I told her. 

We were discussing about time spent with partners, what is the ideal that we almost didn't recognize that we have already dranked a lot.

Before I knew it, Kuya was already beside me telling me to go home.

"Bea, nag aalala na si Thirdy, hindi mo sinasagot ung mga text and tawag nya. Hinahanap ka na din  nila Dad."

I looked at him and I looked at Maddie, she was so wasted almost slouching at the cushioned bench we were sitting on.

I checked my phone. I was so engrossed at the conversation and debate with Maddie that I have completely forgotten the time and Thirdy.

"Oh my God, galit na galit si Thirdy, Kuya."

"Kaya tara na, umuwi na tayo bubuhatin ko na si Maddie."

I was trying to call Thirdy, but it was just ringing. FML, I though to myself. Maddie was still unconscious, even after Kuya left her in the guest room. I left her a note saying that if she needs anything she can come to my room, I will leave it unlocked.

On my way to my room, Dad called me.

"You know I don't like you out there until this late. Did you even recognize the time?" Yes, he was definitely mad.

"Sorry, Dad, Maddie kasi was so daldal, I forgot the time."

"You know what happens when you do this, right?"

"I know, Dad, but I am really sorry. It won't happen ever again."

"2 days."

"Dad? Seriously? Thirdy will be coming home to celebrate our anniversary and I am grounded?" I told him.

That is really so unfair. I was thinking of how Thirdy would react.

Damn. This was supposed to be a memorable anniversary.

Oh well, yes, it is going to be memorable because I am grounded like I am a high school kid. Maybe Dad will change his mind, after all. I will ask Thirdy to ask permission from my Dad, I am sure he won't say no to Thirdy.

I went inside my room, tried to call Thirdy again, but the phone was just ringing still. I left him a message instead.

Babe, I won't be makulit na and call you. I am already sleepy, but I love you, please, let's not fight, don't get mad na please 🙏. I will see you later. I love youuu 💑.

----------------------------------

Tanda mo na, Bei naggrounded ka pa? 🙄

Paano na ang anniversary??