Is Thirdy Gay?

"Go back to your bed na nga and go to sleep." Kuya commanded.

"Why are you being pikon?" I just don't get it, what is it about my question that seemed to piss him off?

Is that why Kuya invited him for dinner? Why they went to the farm with Dad?

God! Just thinking about it made me quiver.

I better go back to bed. Maybe I should talk to Thirdy about it, or maybe Dani can help.

In the morning, I prepared to go to school. I asked AJ to meet me at the library today. Kuya left for work early and so is Dad. When I went down for breakfast, Mom was still there having her coffee looking at her phone.

"Good morning, Mom. Why are you still here? Are you not going to the store?" I asked her.

"Hi, Bei. No, I am staying at home today, do you need anything?" she asked me.

"Wala naman, why?"

"Is Thirdy picking you up today?" she asked me.

"Oh  no. I'm bringing my car today. What made you think Thirdy is picking me up, Mom?"

I am suddenly amazed at how my family more consistently asks about Thirdy these past few days, which is making me think all the more that Thirdy might be having an identity crisis. I have to be there for him, too.

So, I left and headed for class. I wanted to talk to Jho or Maddie about Thirdy but I was thinking it might not be right, so I junked the idea. Maybe I should talk to Thirdy about it, considering that it might also concern my Kuya.

I decided to talk to Aj first, maybe now is not the right time for him to pursue me. I think Thirdy would need us all at this time. I texted AJ to meet me.

Hi. Can you meet me at Hurtado Hall?

AJ: Sure. What time?

What time are you available, do you have training?

AJ: I can meet you there anytime.

What about in 30 minutes?

AJ: See you, then.

On my way to the hall, I saw Thirdy, he was on his way to the gym.

"Thirdy."

"Bei, where are you going?" he asked me.

"I am meeting AJ at the Hurtado hall."

"Ah okay. See you around na lang?"

"Uhmm Thirds, are you okay?" I just wanted to check.

"Yes, of course. Why did you ask?"

"Wala naman. I just thought of making sure that you are."

"I am okay, Bea. " He sounded reassuring. And I was thinking, maybe Kuya is all he needs but am I ready for this? I have got to know soon.

When I reached the hall, AJ was already there. There were plastic chairs and tables outside and he occupied one of the tables that is on there. I sat beside him.

"Hi."

"Hello. Told you I am available anytime you need me."

"Right and I am really, really thankful."

"Is there something you would like to tell me, Bea?"

"Uhm, yes. About your question, if you can court me."