The Connection

I stood up after dinner. I felt that I was so full from the delicious foods that Det has prepared for us. This family has always prepared for guests and they have sumptuous foods readily available. Even my wife, Mozzy gets really excited when Thirdy brings food from here.

I started to walk near the pool, it looks very refreshing.

"O busog ba?" It was Elmer, who followed me near the pool area.

"Oo. Hindi talaga nagbago ang mga pagkain dito. It is always a feast. I was thankful for the dinner invite, though, short notice."

"Tagal na tayo hindi nag iinuman ng magkasama," Elmer reminded me.

"Totoo. Busy sa mga buhay buhay noh." I said.

"Si Ly ata parang gusto magpunta sa farm, inaaya si Bea. Gusto daw ipasyal sila Pareng Ruel dun."

" Maganda ngang idea yan. Sige magplano tayo pagkatapos ng UAAP at graduation ni Thirdy."

"Sige pwede yan, kahit overnight lang tayo dun para makapag relax din tayo pati mga bata."

"Huwag lang masabay sa mga practice ni Ly para kumpleto tayo, just like the old times.

"That's true. I'm sure matutuwa sila Det and Mozzy."

"It's a plan then."

It has been a long time since the last time I was able to do this with Elmer. He has been a good friend since we became neighbors, but then we needed to move.

"Ngapala, kamusta naman panliligaw ng binata ko." I bluntly asked.

"Ah haha parang okay naman, wala naman nagbabago." Elmer said while looking at the group inside the house.

"Gusto ko talaga pigilan sana pero persistent ung alaga ko eh." I told him in my defense. I just felt that it was not right because they have been friends for a long time. 

Our families are not strangers to one another, these friendships have been built for more than 10 years and I really don't want it to be ruined just because it didn't work between the two of them.

I like Bea, no doubt about that. Maybe if they were not childhood friends, it might be a different story. Bea is definitely an ideal girl. Young as she is, she is very conversational with a lot of sense. She knows what to say when to say it and still make a difference.

My man, Thirdy, on the other hand, is quite impulsive. While Bea is rather reserved, Thirdy is the exact opposite.

"Wala na tayo magagawa kungdi magbigay na lang ng advise sa mga bata, but I have already advised Thirdy that whatever Bea decides, she did that on her own. We trust her." Elmer told me.

"But what was your reaction when you found out that Thirdy likes Bea in a different way, like in a romantic way?" I asked him. I was curious.

" Alam mo, sa Batangas nagsabi sa akin ang batang yan. I thought when Loel was teasing him, it was just a plain advise that he needs. I can't deny, I was surprised. And I am sure you will feel that with Dani that while you know they are growing up and may entertain suitors, I guess when Thirdy came up to me, I was not expecting it would be Bea." Elmer explained to me.

A few more chitchats and Mozzy came to us with Det.

"Hindi na ba tayo uuwi? Mukhang ready na kayo mag shot ah." My wife teased us.

"Parang ikaw nga may ayaw umuwi, ngayon ka lang tumayo sa mesa." I said as I teased her back.

"Ang sarap kasi ng mga hinanda ni Det na pagkain, I can't say no. Ang hirap na naman nito, I have to work out para marelease ang kinain ko." Mozzy said.

"You can come here naman and we can workout." Det invited her.

"Eh kung bumalik na lang kaya kami dito." She said, while looking at me, then "Joke lang. I guess we have perfectly settled already in Cainta."

"Ano ba pinaguusapan nyo, it looks intense." Det asked.

"Ah wala naman, just about the kids. We are also planning to stay overnight at the farm sa summer siguro. Sama na din natin sila Pareng Ruel and Lita." Elmer said.

"Ay oo nga, tagal ko na hindi nakapunta sa farm, madami na siguro changes dun." It might have been more than 5 years since the last time we were there and the idea made my wife excited.

"Sige, we will plan on that very soon. For now, I guess, we should go home na so everyone can rest." I told them. 

It was getting late.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As we arrived, everyone went to their respective rooms.

Kiefer and Ly decided to go back to the condo after putting their things inside their car.

I was just sitting down at the edge of the bed as soon as I entered the room.

"O sweetheart, masama ba pakiramdam mo?" My wife, Mozzy asked me.

"No, I am okay." I assured her.

Then stepped out of the room and knocked at Thirdy's door.

"Thirdy." I called for his attention. He was holding a frame, looking at it.

"Pa, bakit?"

I came up to him and looked at the frame that he was holding and looking.

"You really love her." It was a statement, not a question.

We have known about his feelings for Bea even before he even recognized it. There was something about her that makes Thirdy charmed by her. She influenced her in a very good way.

"Yes, Pa, problema ba un? I saw you talking with Tito Elmer, did he say something?"

"No, he is fine with it. I guess he thinks that the connection between our families was enough to trust you."

"Oh okay. May sasabihin po ba kayo?"

"I am just worried eh." I started.

"Worried about what?"

"Mga bata pa kasi kayo. I mean, what if naging kayo and it didn't work out?"

"Pa, really? That spirit? Wala ka ba bilib sa anak mo?" he said as he teased me.

He is my son, how can I not root for him in everything and anything that he does?

"Ako pa ba? I think, medyo hesitant lang ako with the idea or maybe may apprehensions. I just want you to give your best in everything you do."

"Pa, whatever it is that you mean, I will be the best. I'll bring the crown to Ateneo and take a queen along with that crown."

-----------------------------------------------

Credits to Thirbea shippers, pizzahutngTB and captainbeadel14. I have been using their edits for this story. Thank you for your talent, you have truly made us very happy sa madaming delulu naming mga TB shippers. Thank you din for allowing me to use them.

On to the next chapter. Nagsalita na si Dad Elmer, Papa Bong.

Thank you for reading.