The Weekend

Friday after practice, I headed straight to Loel's house because we will be leaving early for the farm in Batangas the following day. Tita Det advised me to just sleep with them para hindi daw hassle sa akin to be coming all the way from Cainta. After dinner, I called Mama.

"Ma tapos na kami ng dinner. Is Dani home already?"

"Yes, kuya. Sinundo sya ni Papa. Ano, are you okay lang?" Mama asked me, though she seems worried.

"Don't worry, I am fine. Sana lang mapigilan ko ang bibig ko na wag madulas kay Loel or Tito Elmer."

"You will be fine, Kuya. Magpahinga ka na because after this mini vacation, wala ka na time sa ibang activities and concentrate ka na sa UAAP." Mama reminded me.

After that conversation with my Mom, I saw Bea slumped at the dining table with her books. It was very unusual for her to scatter her things there. her mom wouldn't like the idea pag nakita sya, siguradong mapapagalitan sya.

"Why are you doing that here? Pag nakita ka ni Tita Det malamang mapagalitan ka. Kinalat mo na gamit mo dyan." I told her.

"I need a bigger table, I need to finish all these."

"I will help you na, you look pathetic haha." I teased her. "Tell me what I need to do."

I positioned myself infront of her para hindi ako mahirapan tingnan sya. She looks very beautiful. Every inch of her, I just can't get enough of her. I want her to be mine. There were so many things running through my mind, buti na lang ung mga pinapagawa nya sa akin doesn't require me to think.

We finished late but I am okay. I made her happy and she felt off the hook, I am happy I was there to help her.

In the morning, Loel and I had breakfast. Bea was still sleeping. Tita Det and Tito Elmer prepared the things that we will bring since Tita Det will be left at home with Bea.

"Tagal mo na hindi nakasama sa farm, noh?" Loel asked me.

"Oo nga, namiss ko na magpunta. Kelan kaya ito mauulit."

"Naku, UAAP is waving haha." Loel teased me.

"Oy wag ka mawawala sa games ko baka hindi mo na naman ako panoorin. Last year, nanunuod ka lang pag La Salle kalaban." Some bestfriend, huh. But Loel was busy then, he was graduating at the time kaya hindi ko na pinilit manood. Good thing andun naman si Tito Elmer and Bea to watch me.

"Aalis na kami, sweetheart." I heard Tito Elmer said to Tita Det.

"Ingat kayo, boys. Eyes on the road ha baka kung saan pa kayo tumingin." She teased us

"Bye, Mom. Kiss Bea for me when she wakes up. Hindi ko na sya ginising, late na daw natulog sabi ni Thirdy."

"Yeah, let her rest na. Siguradong antok pa din un." I told them. Thinking at the back of my mind, sana after lunch na sya gumising para hindi matuloy date nya with AJ.

We reached the farm before lunch. The helpers were already preparing the food while we, Loel and Tito Elmer started to settle. I stayed in Loel's room, as always. 

Loel's phone rang.

"Sorry na, Bei. Thirdy said kasi you stayed up late for your school works."

"Yes, we have just arrived. Dad is in his room, call him if you want to talk to him."

"Thirdy? Yes, he is with me, he is staying in my room."

Loel immediately handed me the phone.

"O bakit, namiss mo na agad ako?" I teased her.

"Kapal mo din naman, Thirdy!" she was annoyed judging from the sound of her phone on the phone. "I just wanted to say thank you last night for helping me with my shit haha."

"Haha shit talaga? Para namang bago ka ng bago eh dati na naman kita tinutulungan sa homeworks mo. Mag lunch na kayo ni Tita Det, mag eenjoy muna kami dito, you didn't want to come kasi eh."

" Mom left already, she went to your house. Have you forgotten I have a date with AJ tonight?"

And here I am thinking na baka mabago pa ang plano. 

"O sya sya sige na, mag ingat ka kakain na kami. Loel said, call your dad." Baka kung ano pa sabihin nya na kainisan ko.

"Okay, have fun. I will see you tomorrow when you come back."

"Ngapala, Bea!" I almost forgot to remind her. "Call, text, call, text, please?"

Over lunch, Tito Loel advised us of his itinerary. Loel and I decided to help him with the horses. Dinner time will just be me and Loel. Tito Elmer will be meeting with his friends at the ranch just near the farm. This seems to be their once a month meeting place with his friends. We don't get bored here because we can still go to the city, but today, Loel and I decided to just chill and drink, sabi nya ipaparelax daw nya ako bago mag start ang UAAP.

After we have cleaned the stables and fed the horses, Loel and I rested at the couch.

"Manang," as he called the attention of one of the helpers. "Mag early dinner kami ni Thirdy, naliligo na ba si Dad?"

"Yes po, sir. Tinawagan na sya kanina. Sige, iwan ko po muna kayo, ipapaayos ko na hapunan nyo. Baka may kailangan pa po kayo, magpasabi na lang kayo." One of the helpers told us.

"Thank you, Manang. Sa azotea kami ni Thirdy after dinner pupwesto, malinis ba dun?"

"Opo sir, parati namin nililinis un kaya pwede kayo tumambay ni Sir Thirdy kahit saan dito."

I guess the helpers have been used to Tita Det managing them. She wants everything in order, spic and span. She can snap right away when she sees something is off. Kaya even if Tita Det is not here, they make sure that the place is in order.

After dinner, Loel and I made our way to the azotea. It is nice to stay here during night time because the cold breeze of the wind can be felt here.

Loel prepared some beer and we got some delicious pulutan from the city that one of their caretakers bought for us.

Nagkwentuhan lang kami while I was checking on my phone. As usual, no call or text from Bea. She seems to be enjoying this date. Alam namin pag hindi sya nag eenjoy, nagsusumbong na sya sa text. Magkasama kami ni Loel at hindi naghihiwalay so I know hindi pa rin sila naguusap.

"Ano na, bro, ang tagal na natin magkaibigan, wala ka pa pinapakilala sa akin na babae. The last time, ako ang naging boyfriend nun ah." Loel, out of the blue asked me.

"Haha para kang sira. Hindi ba pwedeng gusto ko muna matapos mag aral and UAAP?" I told him.

"Seryoso ka ba jan? Grabe ka, pre, ang dami nagkakagusto syo wala ka ba natitipuhan?" Magkasalubong na ang kilay ni Loel.

And that got me thinking, naalala ko ung ngiti ni Bea, ung side glances nya, when she pouts or the face she makes when she teases me.

"Loel, pwede ba tayo mag-usap ng seryoso? May gusto ako kasi malaman?'