The Confession...part 2

In my mind, I have probably thought and dreamed about this more than a thousand times, but I guess no amount of daydreaming or practice can make it right when you are in a situation like mine. So, how am I supposed to do this?

"What is it, Thirdy? You know you can ask me anything diba?" Tito Elmer assured me.

I was looking at Loel and he was pointing at Tito Elmer using his lips as if telling me to go ahead and tell him now.

"Ah kasi po, naguusap kami ni Loel kanina about Bea po." I started. "Uhmm, I told him that ahh."

There was silence for a few minutes, I was grasping for air and looking for the right words to say. Tito Elmer was just looking at me intently, waiting  what I have to say next.

"I like Bea po, Tito. I am sorry if I feel this way about her, but I honestly think that my feelings for her is getting stronger, I can't contain it anymore."

There was more silence, that I can hear the wind passing by through my ear. Tito Elmer was looking at me and then he would look at Loel. Loel was just smiling at him all the time.

"Wait, Loel, is this true?"

That was a relief. At least, he didn't leave us or my face has not been smacked yet.

"Dad, are you okay? Dalaga na talaga ang bunso mo."

"Sorry, Thirdy, I was just surprised. I really am. I just didn't realize that you can look at Bea in a romantic way. So, who else knows about this?' Tito Elmer asked.

"I just told  Loel today po before you came. I didn't know who else to talk to about it and I guess I was just lucky that I was consulting my best friend and Bea's brother at the same time."

"What is your take on this, Dad?"

I can feel Tito Elmer's uneasiness. Feeling ko tuloy deds na ako. He stood up while holding the bottle of beer.

"I acknowledge your feelings, Thirdy, you are like a son to me, too. If you are planning to act on that feeling that you have for Bea, I won't stop you but the final decision is still with her. Hindi kami makikialam. But I just want you to know that if just in case, this materializes, and I really hope and pray that you don't hurt her in any way."

I feel really relieved now. I feel very light, knowing that the weight on my shoulder has already been lessened and that I will be going home in one piece.

Tito Elmer came to me and gave me a pat on my shoulder.

"Goodluck, Thirdy. I hope everything goes well. And I mean that, no sarcasm. I better go to bed. Matulog na din kayo, maaga pa tayo babalik ng Manila."

"Yes, Dad."

"Thank you po, Tito, goodnight."

After 2 more bottles, Loel and I decided to call it a night. I have been checking on my phone for Bea's messages, but I found none. 

I was tossing and turning, trying to get some sleep. I looked at Loel, sleeping on the other bed, sleeping soundly.

I stood up and went out of the room and decided to call Bea. If she is awake, she will answer anyway.

6 rings. No answer. 

She must be sleeping already. She must have gone home early.

I went back inside the room, slowly closing the door behind me just to make sure that I don't wake Loel or he will be as cranky as hell.

I scrolled through my socmeds account. Twitter was quiet, which could mean that nobody saw Bea out with AJ. I checked IG and scrolled through the posts, Bea didn't post anything yet.