Young Gods

Part One

Vita & Mors

Large mountains and cliffs arose from the depths of the sea. The sun dawned upon the earth, basking its light upon the swaying trees within the woodlands. The forest hummed with life, an orchestra of nature's symphonies divulging together in harmony. Sheltered in the woodlands are every form of life, from fawns to mice to owls.

Hale was an extraordinary being. Long hair fell down his back in waves, his raven locks illuminating various illustrious colors whenever he utilized his abilities. He donned a velvet cape over his muscled body, his trousers designed with teal and gold printing and held by a long belter that was attached to the collar around his neck. His hands were gloved, reaching from his sleeves all the way to his hands, all embedded with black and gold fabric.

When the universe was first created, Hale was the first god who stood upon the Earth. The land and its creatures were his own creations, born from his remarkable abilities.

Hale kneeled upon the grass. Beneath a large oak tree, a doe laid upon her side. Her stomach was swollen with her own baby kept safely within her womb. She was going into labor. Carefully, Hale's hand drifted towards her stomach. A glow embedded from his touch and as he guided the deer, his locks became iridescent, glowing with a brilliance of colors. The doe bleated as she began pushing out her child.

"Just a few more moments," Hale assured the animal.

Inch by tortuous inch, the fawn slowly slips out of its mother. Its wobbly legs struggle to stand upright and its body was covered in the mother's placenta. Hale smiled softly at the tired doe as she licked her child clean.

He was fond of the female deer; she was his first creation.

But as Life made his first being, so too was Death born. A chill rose in the air and the once rustling leaves of the trees fell silent. A black mist arose behind Hale. Born from his shadow was a young woman. Her black dress hugged her beautiful figure, its collar dipped towards the end of her cleavage and its lack of sleeves revealed the smooth (s/c) skin of her collarbones. A dark translucent robe was fitted over her body, made from fine black lace that was decorated with gold damask patterns. Her (h/c) hair was tied into a high ponytail, revealing the earrings pierced upon her helix and earlobes.

Hale stared at her with wide eyes. She didn't acknowledge him. She never once glanced his way or even spoke a single word. Her (e/c) eyes were calm and detached, yet she knew the purpose of her existence.

The young woman stared at the female deer for a brief moment. The essence within her body glowed, but she could feel and see its restlessness. The female doe returned her gaze, her black pools ensnared in the goddess before her.

The young woman brushed her fingers upon the doe's head, allowing the creature to find peace within her touch before she would proceed with her work. Taking a step back, the goddess dug her hand into the deer's body, creating a white light to emit from her hand.

"What are you doing!?" Hale demanded.

His eyes widen when he finds the female god removing the doe's soul from its body. The young woman holds the deer's spirit in her hands.

"How dare you take the life of my creation!?" Hale roared. He lurches forward to seize the deer's spirit from the woman, yet the female goddess dissipates into black mist. She parts around Hale, her physical form becoming nothing but a shadow as she left with the spirit.

Hale was left aghast at the sight. The fawnling of the doe bleats sadly as its mother laid dead beneath the large oak tree. The god clenched his teeth, his entire form shaking with such animosity that his clenched hands made his knuckles become blanched.