☾⍋✩⋆ Hiraeth *⍋✲⋆

Part One

The dining room was grand, with a huge mahogany table that took up most of the vast space that the dimly lit room had to offer. Down the center of the table was a long red cloth embroidered with gold and silver linings that matched with the red velvet armchairs. Two tall candelabras commanded the center of the table, holding smooth white candles with wax that never dripped. The polished cutlery was heavy to the hand but shone brightly with light. At each place stood a tall empty wing glass and there were beautifully folded napkins. Servants of the royal castle stood erect at each side of the dining table, waiting patiently for whatever order was to be thrown at them.

At the dining table where sat the empress and the emperor's concubines at one side of the table. Of these various lovers, (Y/N) was a mere concubine. The woman wore a white robe made out of silk with glittering lace etched on fabric and beautiful flowers littered along the robe's sweep. The only jewelry she has is a crystal choker necklace, given to her by the emperor himself, a treasure that was only given to the most favored of the emperor's court.

On the other side was a nobleman, a handsome fellow that was older than the women around him. He had long black hair tied in a ponytail, dark eyes, a defined jawline, and a small goatee. He sat beside his own wife, a blonde young woman. Together, they all waited patiently for the arrival of the imperial ruler.

Through the stillness of the dining hall, a series of trumpets blared in the distance. Striding through the parted doors, past the guards that held them, a young man presented himself before his guests.

In unison, the man and women stood from their chairs and bowed before the royal, "Hail to his imperial majesty."

Wordlessly, the emperor sat between the empress and (Y/N). The (h/c)-haired girl remained cold to the emperor, even as he pressed a kiss to her lips. It was clear that it was a message to the nobleman.

The lord fidgeted in his chair as he was met with the cold violet orbs. The imperial ruler was anything but merciless. His long hair was pulled away from his handsome features. Upon his dark mane, the young man donned a mortarboard hat with strings of jewels suspended from its edges. His black colored robes were outlined with gold embroidery and a red undershirt peeking from the robe's collar.

", my wife and I are... G-Grateful to have been invited to the imperial palace," the nobleman sputtered out.

"Hmm," Tirich grunted in response.

The servants, all dressed in white and red tunics, move in perfect unison. They help each guest into their seats by pushing their armchairs closer to the tables and placing cloth napkins on their laps.

Placed on the mahogany wood of the large table was a roasted pig with a rich red apple placed in its mouth. It sat on a thick layer of green lettuce on a metal platter. Countless amounts of bread, marinated with various sorts of cheeses and spices, were balanced in the shape of a large pyramid. Fresh fruits and vegetables were littered across the table in wooden bowls, rich in color and in flavor.

Another swarm of servants moved to the table, carrying metals trays with lids. The nobleman could smell the wafting scent of a delicious meal coming towards him, his mouth watering at the very thought of his stomach being full tonight. However, as the servants unveiled what lay underneath their coverings made man pale.

Upon his platter was the burned head of his own brother.

A shrill screech broke from the nobleman's wife.