ψ Sinfully Yours ψ (III)

Part Three (Final)

Soothing the young woman was extremely difficult for Father Ebele. The guilt of causing (Y/N)'s suffering ate at his entire being. He ruined her entire life just for the sake of his own selfish desires.

Kneeling before the altar of the monastery, Ebele mutters lowly to himself. "Forgive me, goddess, for I have sinned. I promised myself to only be devoted to you, but I no longer can. The love of my life has a hold so powerful that I cannot shake, nor do I wish to..."

Ebele's lips quiver and he struggles not to release a sob, "Selfishness has driven me to darkness and with this darkness, I have tortured the woman I love. I've killed and spilled blood upon your sanctuary and a sickness within me tells me to have no guilt for it..."

He sniffs, glancing towards the statue of his divinity, "But you knew that before I even dared to confess to you now, didn't you? You have awoken me from my evil with the sight of (Y/N) laying upon the steps of this sanctum. Her injury and sadness were the results of my sins. I can't help but feel hateful and thankful -- thankful that you allowed her to live, but hateful that you had to make a point by harming her... But this isn't my place to say, is it? Everything is my fault, now I must be the one to mend my mistakes."

Ebele releases a shaky sigh and he grips the necktie that (Y/N) had once given him, "She is what I will devote my entire being to, for she is mine, she is my own goddess..."

"Father Ebele," a rumbling voice interrupts his quiet prayers.

Standing to his feet, Ebele instantly recognized the voice of Judge Arwin.

Ebele glares at the withering old man, "State your business."

Standing behind the government official were two guards, one holding a spear and the other with a chain in his hands. Ebele's eyes grew harsh and he hisses, "Leave this sanctum."

"We are simply here for the girl," Judge Arwin stated. Turning to a nearby nun, he inquires with a deadly tone, "Do you know a woman by the name of (Y/N) Clement?"

The nun fell pale and quiet. "...N-No..."

"Do you know that lying is a sin?" Judge Arwin sneers at her. He slowly stalks towards her until he suddenly grips tightly onto her hair, "Foul miscreants disguising themselves as devotees are not worthy of being a child of the goddess."

"Leave her be," (Y/N) limps into the chapel, hanging onto the rows of pews to make her way towards Judge Arwin.

Judge Arwin releases his grip upon the poor nun and allows her to run away. "Mrs. Clement -- Apologizes, I mean Miss (L/N), you are under arrest."

"For what?" (Y/N) hisses, "I have committed no crime!"

"You ran from the law and now that your husband is long dead, you have no legal roots to connect you to Glaya," Judge Arwin smirks, "You are an illegal immigrant." The old man snaps his fingers and orders his men, "Seize her."

"You will not put a hand on my wife," Father Ebele snarls, making everyone in the room recoil.

"Excuse me?" Judge Arwin raises a brow. "If I recall an Archbishop undergoes the vow of celibacy."

"I have been blessed with the permission of the goddess," Father Ebele lies, "You have spilled blood upon the goddess's temple and as Archbishop, I must rectify your actions and prevent them from ever occurring again."

"You've had no official wedding," Judge Arwin points out, "No officiant, no witnesses, no union."

Gently taking (Y/N)'s hand into his larger one, Father Ebele glances towards the nun that escaped Arwin's grasp, Judge Arwin, and his two soldiers. "Lady and gentlemen," Father Ebele suddenly declares, "We are gathered here today for the glorious union of Ebele Arsha and (Y/N) (L/N)."