𓃡 Hounddog 𓃦

Part One

The cafe was made with smooth blue-colored wallpaper and tables that were carved from deep brown wood. They were perfectly spaced apart; while other seats such as booths were aligned along the walls. The aroma of delectable food and sweet coffee travels through the air, teasing newcomers with the promise of a satisfying experience.

In the corner of the local shop, a young man was seated with his partner in the booth.

He donned a long-sleeved white shirt tucked into his dark-colored trousers. His vest was buttoned along his abdomen and his long coat was strapped over his broad shoulders, cascading towards his knees. His slick-back blonde hair was tidy and his gold eyes were just as enchanting.

You could tell he was clearly a rich, handsome socialite with just a single glance.

But life wasn't all as grand.

is a cheater.

Cheating on a relationship is a distraction, a self-delusional addiction to a cheap thrill. It's pathetic, and the young man knew it well. But that didn't seem to stop him. His wife had been away for a long time. Well, she was always away. Those who cheat in a relationship do so for various reasons. Are they good ones? No. But it was how he felt.

Life was lonely in the gigantic estate. Both he and Amanda were rich and came from affluent families. Yet their arranged marriage was built upon constant conflict and dissatisfaction. Druas constantly sought comfort in the bodies of strangers, mostly short-lived affairs or one-night stands.

His latest love affair was with a girl he met in a bar. She was short and petite with gold wavy locks. She was stunning if anything, but also a fellow cheater just like Druas.

"I..." the woman sighs, clutching her coffee mug nervously, "I want to break this off..." Draus remained silent, listening as she explains, "I want to try and make my relationship with my boyfriend work..."

Draus paused, but then shrugs, "Okay..."

The woman recoils, repeating, "Okay?

Draus frowns, "Did you expect something more?"

"Well, I thought--"

The young woman is interrupted by the sound of Draus's phone chime. "Hold that thought," he takes out his phone from his tailored suit. "Ah," he receives a calendar notification.

It was 4:30 in the afternoon. Today, a parent-teacher conference was held. Draus had set up an appointment with his daughter's teacher. Laia had finally reached the age where she could attend elementary school and had successfully gone through the first nine weeks of school, so the meeting was mainly informing parents about how their children are doing in class.

Draus nonchalantly stands from his seat, "I have to go."

"W-What?" the girl stammers, "But--"

"Bye," he bluntly states as he walked out, leaving nothing but the sound of a light chime of the cafe's bell door.

The girl was just another faceless nobody to him now.

- - - - - -

A classroom is where children can come to learn, ask questions, and be free to be curious. The room was less than ideal for an elementary school. The classroom had scuffed marble floors and chipping white walls. Several small desks were lined across the room, all rooted extremely close to each other in order to fit more than twenty students.