ψ Sinfully Yours ψ (II)

Part Two

(Y/N)'s little classroom was decorated with various children's arts and crafts. Many were dedicated to the young woman to celebrate her return. After two weeks of their honeymoon, (Y/N) returned to her teachings at the local church and her students had surprised her with various drawings depicting her wedding. Though they were crudely and roughly drawn, (Y/N) adored them nonetheless.

Rows of desks were aligned evenly in the classroom, allowing each student to have their own seat. The children sat at their desks and keenly listened to (Y/N) as she read them a short story fable.

Blue eyes dug into her form, imprinting themselves within her body. (Y/N) didn't even have to turn around to find out who they belonged to. Peeking from the corner of her eyes, (Y/N)'s suspicions were confirmed as she saw Father Ebele lingering by the doorway.

"Once upon a time, there lived a grey-haired skinny wolf. He could not get enough to eat because of the watchfulness of the Shepherds. The shepherds used to be very alert and never gave him a chance to attack. Luckily, One night he found a sheepskin that had been cast aside and forgotten. The wolf felt happy as he had thought of a brilliant plan. The next day, dressed in the sheepskin which was cast aside, the Wolf strolled into the pasture with the sheep. The shepherd was sitting in the field leaving the sheep grazing. The wolf dressed in the skin of sheep followed the flock of sheep but did not harm them. He blended among the sheep easily. After a few days, the shepherd saw that only a few sheep were left and only one sheep has turned fat."

(Y/N) could feel Ebele's blue darts burning into her very being, "When he noticed properly, he found the wolf under the skin of sheep. The Shepherd understood everything, took a knife, and killed the wolf."

"Quite a dark tale, Mrs. Clement," Father Ebele spoke aloud.

"It's a fable, Father Ebele," (Y/N) points out, "It's supposed to have a moral in the story." Turning to her students, (Y/N) asks, "What do you all think the moral of the story is?"

A few hands raised in the air and (Y/N) points to a blonde hair boy, "Yes, Rudy?"

"The wolf was a liar," Rudy answers, "And he was doing it to do bad things!"

"Exactly," (Y/N) confirms, "Evil doers often come to harm others through his own deceits."

Suddenly in the far distance, the church's bell tower rings, and immediately the children begin packing their belongings.

"Okay, boys and girls," (Y/N) smile to the young children, "I'll see you tomorrow."

As the children all leave, with the occasional "bye, Mrs. Clement" and "bye, Father Ebele", (Y/N) is left alone with the man who broke her heart.

A heavy silence fell between the pair. (Y/N) is the first to speak, "What are you doing here, Father Ebele?"

"I wanted to speak to you about the night of your wedding," Ebele began.

"There's nothing to talk about," (Y/N) waves him off.

"I want to leave the title of Archbishop," Father Ebele suddenly spoke.

(Y/N) freezes for a mere moment, before muttering, "...Good for you." She goes to sit down at her desk, "Now, if you excuse me, I must plan for tomorrow's teachings."

"Would you..." Ebele swallows thickly, struggling to muster his words as his eye burned with tears, "Would you love me again if I left the Sanctum?"

"No," (Y/N) shakes her head, making Ebele release a heartbroken sigh, "I'm married to Halim now. I love him, I adore him. I'm sorry, Father Ebele, but I no longer love you."