Young Gods (II)

Part Two

Amor & Mors

The village of Vaciras worshipped Love as a patron god, making it his primary territory on Earth. Rhys never knew how he was created, but the universe had already declared his purpose as soon as he was born.

Rhys was not simply the god of Love. but also of fertility and procreation.

watched the interactions of the humans from afar without his presence being noted. A gentle breeze combed through his brown hair, allowing him to feel at peace. His wings flexed behind him, their pinions rival greatly against any beautiful shade of white. His grey robe shielded him from the bite of the wind as he wore it over his ivory-colored dress.

Rhys knew each villager's names by heart, yet when it came to the sight of a (s/c) skinned woman, he was left stunned.

She stood out compared to the other villagers. Instead of the stolas that the other women wore, the (h/c)-haired woman bore a midnight-colored dress, dark translucent robe, and gold jewelry. Her (h/c) hair was pulled back, neatly bringing the strands of her mane away from her beautiful face. A powerful aura emitted from her body and it was soon clear to Rhys that she was no human.

Rhys watched her from afar as she kept to herself. No villager paid her any mind. Not even the children she was playing with last night even seemed to notice her. She walked past them and ventured towards a small graveyard.

The cemetery was neat with large standing stones rising from the tall grass. Each rock was carved with beautiful depictions of art as white-colored Forget-Me-Nots were blooming alongside them. The dead were given their own markers over their buried bodies.

An elderly man stood before his wife's grave with his back slightly hunched. The man walked with a cane in his spotted hand. His eyes were heavily lidded, weighed down by the folds of his wrinkled face.

The woman approached the old man and finally made her existence known, "Hello, Evander."

"Oh, it's you!" the elderly man chuckles before pausing, "You... Uh..."

"(Y/N)."

"Right!" he smiles, the edges of his lips widening broadly, "Come to meet my wife?"

"Don't worry," (Y/N) assures him, "I've already met her."

"Beautiful is she not?" Evander beamed.

"The fairest maiden in the land," (Y/N) agreed.

"You hear that, Margaret?" Evander turned to the gravestone, "I've married the fairest maiden in the land!" Evander then turns back to face (Y/N), "Have you come to meet my wife?"

"Don't worry, I've already met her," (Y/N) repeats her answers.

"That's good," he hums. A deep sadness abruptly fell over the elderly man. He stared at his wife's grave, grief and longing weighing heavy on his heart. A sigh fell from his lips, "I miss you, Margaret..."

Rhys sighed; though the elderly man's memory was slowly deteriorating, Evander was still ingrained with the pitiful memory that his beloved wife was gone.

Evander glances towards (Y/N), "...Who are you?"

"My name is (Y/N)," the goddess says, "Goddess of Death."

Rhys held his breath. He knew that there were other deities that existed but to witness a god born for the purpose of something horrendous made him frightened.

Making his own appearance known to both the goddess and the mortal, Rhys snarls, "This is my domain, you are not taking another villager from me."

"Your rule over Vaciras holds no bound against me," (Y/N) bluntly informed the male, "I'm simply allowing the villagers' souls to be put to rest."