Pride, Prejudice, & Fear (I)

Part One

She was rather short in stature, small compared to the other creatures in the realm. Brown patches with white spots were littered upon her cheeks, shoulders, back, and thighs, like freckles. Her pointed ears held brown fur and were pointed upward to reveal their inner whiteness. They flicked each time she overheard a subtle movement. She could practically hear a fellow classmate dropping his pen upon the floor at the very back of the classroom. Antlers grew upon her head, like jagged trees growing from her soft (h/c) hair. Her tail was brown from its top and white along its bottom. She was a Fawnling, a humanoid deer creature. She donned a halter white top over her (s/c) body with a large, blue cashmere cardigan over her shoulders.

(Y/N) was a dedicated student of Edgewood University. It was notorious for its various school studies such as School of Engineering, School of Liberal Arts & Monstrosities, School of Science, School of Business, and School of Aquatics. But (Y/N) was more interested in their School of Scaring. It promised to be a proven path to developing the most elite Scarers in the world, allowing undergraduates to receive a broad overview of scaring theory and training in the classic techniques and approaches to human fear. In the realm of beasts, the world runs on Scaring, a process where energy is created by screams of terrified human children.

When (Y/N) was a little fawnling, her mother used to work in a Scaring factory. She had witnessed various Scarers working in a factory, watching them keenly through monitors as they scared various boys and girls. Seeing them work diligently throughout their careers left her in awe and with the desire to also become a Scarer.

The lecture hall was pitched with several tiered seating. The classroom was fixed to be dark, constructed with dark stone floors and grey columned walls. (Y/N) sat in the second row, right in the center to get a better look at the teacher.

Mr. Callistor was a humanoid with dragon wings and scales along with a centipede bottom. His multiple legs trailed in rhythm as he paced before the college students. "Now that you all have covered chapter one of your textbooks, who call tell me the properties of an effective roar?"

(Y/N) raised her hand. "Yes?" the teacher points to her.

"Um, there's five," the girl answers, "There's the roar's resonates, duration of the roar, the--"

A roar shook the entire classroom, ripping through the air with such power. The students, including (Y/N), jumped as they turned around to face the owner of the terrifying screech.

He was a broad-shouldered male that towered over anyone and everyone. His razor-sharp claws were painted black and he donned black sweatpants with a black mesh, deep v neck shirt. He wore the see-through top, revealing his muscular body without shame. His body was burly like a bear but held skin similar to a tiger; with black tripes over his ombre, orange to white, skin. His furry long ears were pierced with large earrings while his bottom lip held a small stub. Each time he smiled or smirked, he would reveal his bear-like fangs that rivaled any other beast's. His long orange-colored mane was laced with gold beads in his locked hair with the upper half pulled back into a loose bun, yet some strands still fell over his chiseled face. He was a Kalidah, a humanoid beast that was half bear and half tiger.

He was handsome, that was no doubt, but he was incredibly unbearable.

"Sorry, Mr. Callistor," chuckles, "I just heard "roar" and went with it."

Trailing down the various tiered seats, Merrick walks casually through the sea of students in the middle row before arriving before (Y/N). However, each spot beside her was already taken. Pointing to a male cyclops, Merrick motions "up" to him and forces him to switch seats. The monster relents and sulks as he's forced to sit in the back of the classroom. (Y/N) frowns, she could practically feel the stares of the students attracted to him glaring at the back of her head.