⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ Sad Lullabies ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎ (II)

Part Two (Final)

Soft light penetrated through (Y/N)'s closed eyes. She stirs, feeling soft sheets upon her tired form. Every inch of her body hurt, from the tips of her fingers and toes to even the strands of (h/c) hair on her scalp.

The very first thing (Y/N) saw as she opened her (e/c) orbs were flowers. The patient room appeared more like a garden than an ER hospital room. Everywhere she looked there were flowers, with white petals that were flared open and yellow stamen protruding from their centers.

"(Y/N)," she overheard a low voice whisper towards her. Turning her head, (Y/N) gaze falls upon Leon. The young man appeared disheveled. His eyes bore purple marks beneath them while his shaky hand held a burning cigarette. Squinting through the smoke, (Y/N) could see his clenched jaw and how his mouth quivered slightly.

Leon leans towards the nightstand beside her bed and puts out his cigarette upon an ashtray. Burnt cigarettes lay in heaps upon the metal plate, next to a cigarette packet that was completely empty.

Leon's hand gently skims her cheek, yet (Y/N) hisses making him recoil back. Glancing towards a nearby window, (Y/N) could see a picture of a broken woman staring back at her. Her left eye was swollen shut while the other contained a dark red patch on her sclera, a small blood vessel within her eye must've burst. The corner of her bottom lip was split open and her nose was bandaged, clearly broken from the attack. Her (s/c) skin was littered with bruises, purple and blueish contusions marring her flesh.

A sob fell from her lips. The depressing sound made Leon immediately jump to her side. "It's okay," he assures her, "Dollface, it's okay."

"No," (Y/N) cried, "No, it's not!"

"Don't worry," he assures her, "I've already taken care of those bastards, I promise they won't hurt you anymore."

"...Who the fuck are you, Leon?" (Y/N) asks him.

The man purses his lips, a prolonged silence fell in the tense air before he finally admits, "I'm a Don, baby. I'm the mob boss of the Devil Roamers. Those fuckers that tried to pop you were in another gang; they broke the ultimate rule for all gangsters -- loved ones don't get hurt."

"Get out," (Y/N) choked out. Her heart was lodged in her throat, its cracked and broken edges destroying her entirely.

Leon fell silent before uttering out a quiet, "What?"

"Get out," (Y/N) mutters, "You hid everything from me and almost got me killed. I never want to see you again."

Everything fell quiet within Leon. The edge of his lips twitch, a smirk paints his face. He chuckles, though no humor was laced in its tone. "You..." Leon shakes his head, "You don't mean that..." Hurt immediately replaces his smile, "(Y/N), look, I understand your upset, but--"

"Get. Out," (Y/N) hisses.

Leon began, "Dollface--"

(Y/N) sneered, "I don't want to hear your apologizes or excuses, just get the fuck out!"

No words seemed to leave Leon. She was right, there was no amount of apologies or excuses to make light of the fact that the woman he loved was so close to the hands of death.

Suddenly (Y/N)'s monitored heart rate began to spike, the shrill beeping becoming much quicker. "Get out," (Y/N) repeats, her voice cracking, "I never want to see you again. I want absolutely nothing to do with you."

Noticing the monitor, Leon attempts once more to touch the girl, "(Y/N)--"

"Get out!" she shrieks.

When (Y/N) found him silently shaking his head in objection, she glanced towards the armrest of her hospital bed and found a red call button. She immediately clicks it, causing a shrill beep to ring out.