Pride, Prejudice, & Fear (III)

Part Three

The third event was a sort of hide and seek game. Practicing in the campus's central courtyard, (Y/N) was preparing Merrick  to hide from her.

But due to his extremely large frame, he had various issues. He could only hide in places that were big enough to find him. Thus (Y/N) was easily able to point him out more than once.

"Kiosk!"

"Under the pile of leaves!"

"Standing out in the open!"

(Y/N) was giving him a fourth chance and under ten seconds he needed to hide. He scanned his surroundings unsure of what exactly to do. His gaze then falls upon a tree standing behind (Y/N). Looking at the branches they appeared sturdy enough to hold him. Merrick glances at his claws and extends them further, creating massive daggers. He sprints towards the tree and leaps onto its rough bark.

Once the ten seconds were up, (Y/N) began scanning the area for the large Kalidah. However, she couldn't find him anywhere on the college quad.

"Where'd you go?" a look of disbelief fell upon (Y/N)'s face.

A shrill whistle resonates above her. (Y/N) turns around and looks up to find Merrick hidden in the tree branches, his nails digging into its bark. "How'd I do?" he asks.

"Not too shabby, Merrick!" the girl compliments him.

"Thanks, but now I don't know how to get down..."

After struggling to help Merrick down the tree, (Y/N) began quizzing him about different scaring tactics.

"Zombie snarl," (Y/N) orders.

Merrick raises his arms over his head and groans loudly as his mouth hung open with his tongue hanging out.

"Angry poodle."

Merrick jumps onto the ground. His long tiger tail straightens as he hunches his body low to the ground. He barres his fangs and growls like a small dog.

"Creepy jazz clown."

Merrick stands upright. He smiles creepily with jazz hands and bulging, cold eyes.

"Your Aunt Mary," (Y/N) snickers.

Merrick hangs his body forward, his body hunched stiffly with a disgruntled look upon his face. He scowls, imitating his cranky old aunt.

"In the morning," (Y/N) adds.

Merrick frowns deeper and his eyes become hateful.

"Nice!" (Y/N) chuckles, the melodic sound causing Merrick to smile.

The next following days, the pair had gotten used to their routines. Now Merrick would be the one heading towards (Y/N)'s dorm at 6 am to wake her up and prepare for their training. They quizzed each other about Scaring faces and what to do in the situation of scaring a child with specific fears. (Y/N) also helped Merrick to climb certain heights using his claws and getting down safely and quietly.

When the third event of the Scare Games arrived, the Edgewood University students were more than prepared. Broad River College, Rutherford Universite, and Edgewood University were tasked to hide throughout Gamma Phi Nu's fraternity house.

The audience and its announcer were gathered outside of the house, watching in anticipation. A referee with several eyes and spider legs trailed around with a flashlight in hand, trying to find competitors in the dark house.

A Rutherford University student climbs a lamp and camouflages his skin. His scales match the wallpaper of the home. Passing by him was the referee, who is unable to find the lizard humanoid. The lizard's partner was a beetle humanoid. Using his thin legs, the beetle leaps into a potted plant and sticks out his legs as if they were a part of the plant. The referee passes him.