Heart of A Demon

Part Two

Days had become weeks as (Y/N) was under the care of Badrum. The girl was scarred from the boulder that slashed her, a cut that ran across her right eye. In her time, she explored the island while Badrum was away. She discovered the healthy state of the land. The soil was perfect for farming vegetables and fruits and there was plenty of fish to hunt.

Perhaps, she could convince her village to move the island...

From the mouth of the cave, (Y/N) was carving the bark of a tree into a long surfboard. Using a sharpened rock, (Y/N) was smoothing out the board, wiping away the wooden chips. Though her time with Badram was relatively nice, (Y/N) couldn't help but miss her village and miss her father. Despite how alone she felt back home, she at least had her surfboard. She enjoyed riding the ocean waves. But now that too was gone.

The air was quiet until Badram rose from the ocean surface. He rose a brow, watching for the moment as the girl smoothened it. "What are you doing?" he asks.

"Oh," (Y/N) glances over her shoulder, "I'm just making a surfboard."

"A..." Badrum furrowed his brows, "Surf...Board?"

"Yeah, I was just finishing it!"

"What does it do?" he inquires.

"It helps me ride a wave."

"Like a boat?" he asks.

"Yes, but it's a bit different," (Y/N) answers.

"How so?"

"Well..." She pauses, unable to find the correct words. "Actually," she announces, "I'll just show you! Meet me at the ocean reef!"

Before Badrum could inquire more, he watches as the eager girl seized her surfboard and raced out of the cavern. Nonetheless, he complies. With a sigh, he dives back into the pool and travels through the cavern's underwater tunnels.

Eventually, Badrum arrives at the reef. He finds (Y/N) getting into the water with her board.

Riding upon the longboard, (Y/N) paddled until she arrived at the reef. She beams at Badrum, "It's been a while since I've done this. Hopefully, I won't embarrass myself."

"I think riding upon a small raft is embarrassing enough," he remarks.

The girl rolls her eyes. Waves came, rising and falling with ease. Glancing behind Badrum, (Y/N) found a large roaring tide. She grins and paddles towards it.

"Where are you going?" Badrum asks.

(Y/N) ignores him. Paddling towards the wave, (Y/N) shifts her board. She paddles forth and catches the wave. With her feet planted on the board, (Y/N) rides the large wave.

Badrum watches with curious eyes. The wave curls overhead and (Y/N) turns her board. She guides herself along the water, the salty air blowing through her (h/c) hair. The wave breaks, the water reaching a tipping point as it began to fall. It overshadows (Y/N), making Badrum pale.

"(Y/N)!?" he calls out to her, his eyes scanning the water as it crashes.

Cutting through the funnel of the wave, (Y/N) turns her board. She was completely unscathed by the rapid waters, allowing Badrum to breathe a sigh of relief.

"Were you worried about me?" the girl teasingly asked him.

Badrum scoffs, "As if I would."